Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

wrangler 2014 BOTH door-lock buttons fail

Old 07-17-2018, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrangler 2014 BOTH door-lock buttons fail

Dealership did it but won't admit it. I replaced actuators, but both in-door locks aren't working after they messed with it! Keyfob and manuals work just fine; only buttons on door don't work - ever, and ohmmeter says buttons are fine. Is there a relay for the door buttons that isn't located in the fusebox?
Old 07-23-2018, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Based on the wiring diagram, each door unlock/lock switch has 3 wires, two of which go back to the TIPM. The third wire is for the lamp. The 2 wires, one is for lock and one is for return. Not sure what to check on the wires other than unplugging and ohm them out. No relays involved with the switches.

Ideally you’d plug a scan tool in and communicate with the tipm and see if you are getting signal from the switches. If you don’t get the signals, then it’s a matter of validating the signals from the TIPM back to the door switch.

When someone did the actuators, did they forget to plug the switches in?
Old 07-28-2018, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sequel
Based on the wiring diagram, each door unlock/lock switch has 3 wires, two of which go back to the TIPM. The third wire is for the lamp. The 2 wires, one is for lock and one is for return. Not sure what to check on the wires other than unplugging and ohm them out. No relays involved with the switches.

Ideally you’d plug a scan tool in and communicate with the tipm and see if you are getting signal from the switches. If you don’t get the signals, then it’s a matter of validating the signals from the TIPM back to the door switch.

When someone did the actuators, did they forget to plug the switches in?
Thanks for your response! No, the buttons stopped working while the dealer had it, before I put in new actuators. The switches and the wiring from switches to door wire harness are good, so I probably do have to check it from the TIPM. Was hoping there was a relay I didn't know about....
Old 07-28-2018, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by elowenstein@juno.com
Thanks for your response! No, the buttons stopped working while the dealer had it, before I put in new actuators. The switches and the wiring from switches to door wire harness are good, so I probably do have to check it from the TIPM. Was hoping there was a relay I didn't know about....

how do you know the switches and wiring are good? What tests were done?

Quick Reply: wrangler 2014 BOTH door-lock buttons fail