Notices
Stock JL Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JL Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2013 JKU Camshaft, lifters/Rockers replacement

Old 03-26-2019, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2013 JKU Camshaft, lifters/Rockers replacement

Hello,

Curious as to who all has had to replace rockers,lash adjusters and camshafts on their Pentastar engine? I had a bad ticking noise from the passenger side head at 82,000 miles, so I had the dealer open her up and found a few loose rockers and slightly damaged camshafts. Total cost to replace was around $1350.00 The dealer did a great job

I reached out to FCA for a possible goodwill reimbursement, they told me to pound sand. I bought this vehicle new with 8 miles and she's been great other than this issue, but it still bothers me to have this type of repair on an engine with just 82,000 miles.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Its a normal routine with these engines, every 60-80k miles these rockers fail, if you let it go it will damage cam lobes.. Not a hard job to replace rocker arms, you could do it yourself in 2-4 hrs depending on mechanical skill you have
Old 04-16-2019, 10:58 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

I can't help with this particular issue, but going to ask @Rednroll or @jedg if they can move the thread to the Stock JK Tech sub-forum where you'll get more eyes. I think you posted in JL Tech by accident.

******DISREGARD - it appears the OP, which was from March, was a dupe and there is a thread in the Stock JK forum already**********

Last edited by resharp001; 04-16-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Quick Reply: 2013 JKU Camshaft, lifters/Rockers replacement