Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Damn this ESC to Hell - 2010 JK

Old 07-12-2018, 05:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Damn this ESC to Hell - 2010 JK

I can't stand any of these driver's aids. I could care less if they are there, and to tell you the truth I'd rather scare the hell out of myself by pushing it too far than having this robot of a computer control the car for me.

I know you can disable all of it in 4wd low or whatever....but damn damn damn it to hell.

2 door 2010 jeep jk sport....I need to take this crap off permanently......I'm too much of a man to need help to drive.

I like doing donuts....I like driving tight turns and slowly feel the wheels start to loose grip...I like the thought that I have full control over the car and anything could happen if I'm stupid enough to push it that far.

I've done my googling on the subject matter but not sure I've found what I needed....heck for all I know it's built into the computer and there is no way to fully disable it in all drive modes.

Old 07-12-2018, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

will that really disable it completely?
Old 07-12-2018, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

or wait I guess I can't pull the fuses for a 2010 jk....the steering dance...will that allow me to start it up in 2wd mode with it fully disabled?
Old 07-12-2018, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Now my jeep can do burn outs when I floor it...there goes the tires lol........I can't see myself ever putting that fuse back in now....it's real power going around a corner or leaving the parking lot of my favorite grocery store...those bmw freaks have nothing over me now.

all jokes aside....it's so much more responsive with everything I do. Even when the light didn't come on indicating esc was working, it would still make mr jeep under powered...

I don't get it...a few people had to ruin the fun for everyone...now it's all about how much a vehicle can help you drive and no crash....how about the old fashioned way and just driving it like boss.....

next week I report on how I flipped it multiple times going around a bend lol...kidding.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Haha! I feel the same way. I didn't pull the fuse, but installed a kill switch. There are several write ups on it. Now when I want I flip the switch, all that stuff dies, including the ABS, and I can cut parkinlot/pasture do-nuts until the wheels fall off.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tjkamp
Haha! I feel the same way. I didn't pull the fuse, but installed a kill switch. There are several write ups on it. Now when I want I flip the switch, all that stuff dies, including the ABS, and I can cut parkinlot/pasture do-nuts until the wheels fall off.
I'm a firm believer in learn to control your vehicle and not the other way around. I suppose you might turn it back on for rain or something fun like that? off road I would imagine it's best left off.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010jeepjk2
I'm a firm believer in learn to control your vehicle and not the other way around. I suppose you might turn it back on for rain or something fun like that? off road I would imagine it's best left off.
First mod I did was a kill switch. The electric crap is needed for winter in the north cause our roads suck and so does snow and ice. If you do put a switch in just know that it does disable and also.

Quick Reply: Damn this ESC to Hell - 2010 JK