Notices
Stock JL Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JL Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Ecodiesel for JL....

Old 01-23-2017, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jetwag03
We can kiss the diesel option bye bye thanks to another emissions scam. I have always wondered if VW needed to do it with a 4 cylinder how the heck are the others passing without cheating? I guess we are starting to get that answer one manufacturer at a time. I hope I'm totally wrong.
Problem with VW is they "claimed" to meet emissions without DEF (diesel exhaust fluid). It didn't work so they cheated and said it did.

FCA (VM Motori) uses DEF
Old 01-25-2017, 05:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by baddmann
Problem with VW is they "claimed" to meet emissions without DEF (diesel exhaust fluid). It didn't work so they cheated and said it did.

FCA (VM Motori) uses DEF
Yeah and if your DEF reservoir is empty just put Diesel into it. but somehow the ford trucks know its not DEF and you can only drive like 40MPH until you actually put DEF in. I wonder how they knew people would just try to cheat the system by doing that.

DEF was the worst Idea ever... Same thing as the EGR for diesel engines... Lets put hot exhaust back into the engine... These engineers are so brilliant... I blame the US government for all these environmental restrictions.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

crossing my fingers!!!
Old 02-02-2017, 07:18 AM
JK Super Freak

I probably stop getting jeeps once they stop making the Manual transmission. I look at the jeep with a manual to be all part of the enjoyment. Even my 17 yr old daughter drives a manual TJ. She thought it strange to use a automatic in a jeep or any muscle car.

That being said, Manual and diesel I'd get.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NE Wrangling
I probably stop getting jeeps once they stop making the Manual transmission. I look at the jeep with a manual to be all part of the enjoyment. Even my 17 yr old daughter drives a manual TJ. She thought it strange to use a automatic in a jeep or any muscle car. That being said, Manual and diesel I'd get.
I thought the same thing, until my knees started hurting. Not having to push the clutch in makes it better on my knees. So, I am saying there is a reason for everything. But personally, I don't think I will be getting one, I just hate all the electronics.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by OverKill
I thought the same thing, until my knees started hurting. Not having to push the clutch in makes it better on my knees. So, I am saying there is a reason for everything. But personally, I don't think I will be getting one, I just hate all the electronics.
From what I've seen, the only soft top option will be a push-button, power convertible. And it's debated that it will not be entirely open-air but more like removable panels instead. Glad I got my 6 speed soft top in 14

Quick Reply: Ecodiesel for JL....