Notices
Stock JL Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JL Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep Wrangler JL Hybrid / Diesel release date - Updates ?

Old 07-19-2018, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Wrangler JL Hybrid / Diesel release date - Updates ?

Just heard that in Russia and the Middle East, JL Rubicons are now in showrooms. Europeans will receive theirs in September. I don't know about you, but I'm ready to get me a JL..

Heard the ballpark time was in 2020, but I'm curious as to if it'll be early, mid, or late 2020. Bet I'm not the only one excited about this new Jeep. When do you guys think it'll be released?

Old 07-23-2018, 01:05 PM
JK Newbie

Anyone else interested in the JL Hybrid or got any updates / info to share? Wondering if this is the Jeep for me..

Also, here is the link to the article I found in my previous post: https://www.jk-forum.com/articles/je...-release-date/
Old 07-24-2018, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Why are they rolling them out over there first again? Isn't the Jeep's most loyal fan base in the States, ha ha? Personally, I'm really curious about the hybrid element here... Electric power could prove massively useful off road, and if there were motors are all four corners, it would be an total beast. That might be cost prohibitive, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see it happen, ha ha!
Old 08-03-2018, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

I second that. Electric + off roading is something I'd like to see on this one!
Old 08-07-2018, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Following!
Old 08-13-2018, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Mayday
Electric power could prove massively useful off road, and if there were motors are all four corners, it would be an total beast.
I'm not 100% sure, but on most regular electric cars doesn't the spinning wheels recharge the battery when you "coast" or lift your foot off the accelerator? If it did have motors on all 4 corners, while in "2wd" the front motors would recharge the batteries wouldn't they?
Old 08-14-2018, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 09-11-2018, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Wuebben.2
I'm not 100% sure, but on most regular electric cars doesn't the spinning wheels recharge the battery when you "coast" or lift your foot off the accelerator? If it did have motors on all 4 corners, while in "2wd" the front motors would recharge the batteries wouldn't they?
That's a really good question!

Quick Reply: Jeep Wrangler JL Hybrid / Diesel release date - Updates ?