Notices
JL Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JL Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Wrangler JL price - What did you pay?

Old 10-17-2018, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Wrangler JL price - What did you pay?

For those who have their Jeep Wrangler JL, what price did you pay for yours? I'm heading to the dealer soon and want to know a bit of what to expect beforehand.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:46 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Expect to be disappointed. Very little dealer markup in the JL like the JK with about a $3000 increase over the JK which was already getting too high for what you get. If you finance, interest rates are up as well to the 3-5% range if you have good credit. The JL is nice but I don't see it being worth the money when you can get a nicer slightly used vehicle for about half the money if you are willing to take the time to look.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Exactly why I bought a new JK in March of this year after the JL came out. My JK was $10K cheaper than a comparable JL.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the TreadLightly affiliate program still work? Thats what I did when I bought my JK, saved thousands. But there was a waiting period I think to get the discount.

Just looked, seems it's still an option
https://www.treadlightly.org/old/joi...eward-program/

Must be a member for 30 days before getting the discount of 1% UNDER factory invoice. Best car buying experience I ever had.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:36 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Wow save $450 on a $45k vehicle. Dave Smith motors does better then that. They do invoice plus the holdback money and any rebates/incentives. Even with all that it was about $3000 under sticker plus tax and docs. I may be wrong but these things dont seem to be selling here. All the dealer lots are loaded with them around here. I think Fiat may have gotton a bit too greedy on this model.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:22 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I may be wrong but these things dont seem to be selling here. All the dealer lots are loaded with them around here. I think Fiat may have gotton a bit too greedy on this model.
Starting to see more of them around the DFW metroplex, but not near as prolific as how the JK flooded the market. I know several that would like one, and the comment is always the same...."they cost so much!"
Old 10-17-2019, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I do not get these vehicles. Each time they go out proves the point they are too soft and easy to take out. In turn, they get modded with extra armor and end up overwhelming the platform. If is for Garrison and just going around, get a straight Colorado. Back in the days, they used to have in the Army the CUCVs that was nothing more than a Chevy Blazer or a K Series Pick Up with a Diesel engine. Before that the M888 Dodge Power Wagon Gasser Pick Up.

To me is another way to burn sone Gov Cash at taxpayer's expense.

Quick Reply: Jeep Wrangler JL price - What did you pay?