Notices
VENGEANCE - The Curmudgeons Revenge JK Build This forum is dedicated to our good friend HappyCurmudgeon who recently lost his fight against Sarcoma Cancer. Information on how you can help provide hope for his family can be found here.

Challenge! Please Donate What You Can to Ken

Old 12-03-2011, 04:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenge! Please Donate What You Can to Ken

Hi,

I hope this request isn't out of line... I don't own a Jeep any longer; but, I do stay in touch with Ken, although probably not as frequently as I should.

Ken has a lot on his plate right now. It's pretty tough to plan for his family's future while he's fighting his terrible disease. I know he is deeply concerned about getting his young daughter through college, and about the well-being of his wife and daughter in the future.

I know that a lot of us have helped Ken throughout his battle. I know he appreciates everything that has been done.

I think we should do more. I know that not everyone is in a position to help. Times have been tough for a lot of people. I suppose I am directing this challenge to those of us who can make a small sacrifice in our lives to make a bid difference in the life of Ken's family.

Please do what you can to make a meaningful difference. Only you know what meaningful really is in your situation. Maybe vendors supported on the forum are in the best position to make a big difference (although that may not be the case with all of them). For individuals who are in a position to help... please make a meaningful donation.

I've never met Ken. We have, however, shared a lot of emails during his struggle. My relationship with Ken has made me realize how much I have to be grateful for... and how little I really have to complain about. He has made a difference in my life. And as strange as it may sound, I think about Ken everyday. I'm not so good with prayers; but, I do my best to stay connected with him.

Please do what you can to help Ken and his family, and challenge other JK-Forum members (and non-members) to do the same. Maybe $100 is too much for some of you, or maybe you can do much more. I thought it would be better to set the bar and hope that it will work for a majority of the community. Maybe one of the vendors can help to set the bar for vendors?

May we all be thankful for the things that are really important at this time of year.

Thank You

Jeff
Old 12-06-2011, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeff09
Hi,

I hope this request isn't out of line... I don't own a Jeep any longer; but, I do stay in touch with Ken, although probably not as frequently as I should.

Ken has a lot on his plate right now. It's pretty tough to plan for his family's future while he's fighting his terrible disease. I know he is deeply concerned about getting his young daughter through college, and about the well-being of his wife and daughter in the future.

I know that a lot of us have helped Ken throughout his battle. I know he appreciates everything that has been done.

I think we should do more. I know that not everyone is in a position to help. Times have been tough for a lot of people. I suppose I am directing this challenge to those of us who can make a small sacrifice in our lives to make a bid difference in the life of Ken's family.

Please do what you can to make a meaningful difference. Only you know what meaningful really is in your situation. Maybe vendors supported on the forum are in the best position to make a big difference (although that may not be the case with all of them). For individuals who are in a position to help... please make a meaningful donation.

I've never met Ken. We have, however, shared a lot of emails during his struggle. My relationship with Ken has made me realize how much I have to be grateful for... and how little I really have to complain about. He has made a difference in my life. And as strange as it may sound, I think about Ken everyday. I'm not so good with prayers; but, I do my best to stay connected with him.

Please do what you can to help Ken and his family, and challenge other JK-Forum members (and non-members) to do the same. Maybe $100 is too much for some of you, or maybe you can do much more. I thought it would be better to set the bar and hope that it will work for a majority of the community. Maybe one of the vendors can help to set the bar for vendors?

May we all be thankful for the things that are really important at this time of year.

Thank You

Jeff

Jeff, I came across this after i just posted in the Curmudgeon's Revenge thread. I challenged everyone to donate as well, as much as they are willing to Ken and his family. Hopefully between the two posts people will be willing to donate, especially during the holiday season.

-Shawn
Old 12-06-2011, 07:47 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Bucko

Jeff, I came across this after i just posted in the Curmudgeon's Revenge thread. I challenged everyone to donate as well, as much as they are willing to Ken and his family. Hopefully between the two posts people will be willing to donate, especially during the holiday season.

-Shawn
I am amazed to see the outreach on this forum. Happy will be having a very sizable donation added to his PayPal after payday I wish him and his family te best holiday season ever! Family is very important this time of the year. Everyone enjoy their family this month

-Sean R
Old 12-06-2011, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thanks Shawn and Sean

Good Morning Shawn and Sean,

Thanks for your posts.

I don't know Ken nearly as well as Eddie and the moderators; but, I have stayed in contact with him over the past 1-1/2 years plus.

I have learned from Ken's courage. I have also learned to appreciate my blessings.

I know what a struggle it has been for Ken.... emotionally, physically and financially.

Everyone has priorities of their own to deal with... There are so many deserving people in need. It's hard to pick what is most important.

My thought was that I have learned from Ken, and my life has been made richer by those things he helped me realize. For that reason I believe he is desering to be at the top of my list.

Thanks for being supportive of Ken, and his family.

Peace,

Jeff
Old 12-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you Jeff for the kind words, I appreciate them. I am glad to have helped you in any way I could. I dont feel courageous at all, but my wife and friends such as yourself keep saying they think I am. I personally dont see it. In fact I feel pretty terrified at times. But I need to keep pushing forward as my family needs me, and it's the only direction I know how to go. Forward.

I sincerely hope that me telling people how I feel without pulling any punches, in some way helps someone to be happier, or hug their kids or wife a little longer, or be nice to someone who maybe doesn’t deserve it… anything to help people be better to each other. People are so wrapped up in the instant gratification craze (instant messaging, fast food, email, all that type of stuff) that they forget to slow down and look around. The faster you live, the faster your life slips by.

Believe me, it is far too short to begin with, having it ripped away from you when you are only halfway done is just… well… infuriating, depressing…. There isn’t a sufficient word to use to describe it. I hope none of you ever experience it.

Thank you all very much for the PayPal donations. They are a godsend, especially at Christmas. My family and I very much appreciate them, more than you will ever know.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season.
Sincerely,
~Ken
Old 03-05-2012, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Donated! Take a look at my parts for sale post in my sig, 25% of my sales goes to help Kenneth's family!

Quick Reply: Challenge! Please Donate What You Can to Ken