Notices
VENGEANCE - The Curmudgeons Revenge JK Build This forum is dedicated to our good friend HappyCurmudgeon who recently lost his fight against Sarcoma Cancer. Information on how you can help provide hope for his family can be found here.

Help Provide Hope for HappyCurmudgeon

Old 12-24-2009, 02:55 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Arrow Help Provide Hope for HappyCurmudgeon

As some of you may know, Ken Offerbeck (aka - HappyCurmudgeon), a good friend, a long time Jeeper, one of the very first members of JK-Forum.com and one of our very first moderators, has been fighting Sarcoma Cancer for some time now and may be starting to loose that battle. If the chemotherapy he's undergoing now doesn't effect it, he'll have about 6 months to live... maybe a bit more if he's lucky. While there may not be much that can be done to rid him of this terrible disease, it is my hope that we as a community might be able to at least offer some help to his family during this difficult time. As you can imagine, the cost of fighting cancer has been a significant hardship for Ken and his family and if you have the ability to offer a financial gift of any amount, it would really be a tremendous help. To give now, simply click on the link below and 100% of all proceeds will go directly to Ken and his family:

Donations to Ken's family can be made via paypal - simply send cash to the following email address: kennethofferbeck@netscape.net

To find out more about Ken and his fight against Sarcoma Cancer or, if you would just like to offer him some encouragement, please click on the link below:

Ken Offerbeck's Fight Against Sarcoma Cancer Page

Thank you for your time and consideration for Ken and his family. May you and your family have a wonderful Holiday Season and a Happy New Year.

Sincerely,
wayoflife

Last edited by wayoflife; 12-28-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:21 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ken's been one of my best and longest customers. Through the forum, I've come to appreciated his love for his Jeep his diplomatic skills as a moderator, his talent as a writer and his positive attitude. He's a good man.

Sadly the way that I heard about Ken's illness was through a request to cancel an order that he placed for a storage tub enlargement kit. With WOL's direction, I'd like to donate a storage tub enlargement kit to Ken's cause. The thought that this my somehow help Ken and his family in any way, tells me that this is the least that I can do.

My hopes, thoughts and prayers go out to Ken and his family.

Fight the good fight Brother.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ken, may you have a good Christmas with your family.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:28 PM
JK Newbie

Ken,
If you read this PLEASE, I encourage you to go to this website. The information will shock you and may very well save your life. I personally know of 3 people whose lives it DID save from cancer.
http://www.miraclemineral.org/
Old 12-24-2009, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I feel for you and your family Ken, I really wish I could help, I just wanted to suggest that instead of donating parts, selling them specifically for this such cause
Old 12-24-2009, 03:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I emailed WOL, but I'll also say it here: auction the donated parts & give the proceeds to Ken.

Best wishes for a good year. miracles do happen, so why not to you!
Old 12-24-2009, 04:18 PM
JK Super Freak

You will be in my prayers.

Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

You are in my prayers keep up the good fight.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ken, I don't know what to say. I lost both my parents to cancer. What a way to start off wishing you well, huh? Well, you know me. I just chunk it out there. I am truly sorry this has happened to such a great guy. You've always been the one who cracked a joke when things were gettin me down. I will add you to our prayer list in church, and keep you in our thoughts and prayers as well. I'm just a broke redneck, but if there's something within my power I can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Rob
Old 12-24-2009, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

You and your family are in my prayers...Fight the good fight

Quick Reply: Help Provide Hope for HappyCurmudgeon