Notices
VENGEANCE - The Curmudgeons Revenge JK Build This forum is dedicated to our good friend HappyCurmudgeon who recently lost his fight against Sarcoma Cancer. Information on how you can help provide hope for his family can be found here.

I dont have good news to share - Rest in Peace 12/27/2011

Old 12-23-2009, 12:47 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I dont have good news to share - Rest in Peace 12/27/2011

I dont have good news to share.

They found three tumours in my lungs. 2 @ 1cm, 1 in my right lung @5cm. These where NOT there when i had the scans in July, so they grew sometime in the last 5 months. I am officially in Highly agressive Stage 4 (End Stage) cancer. It will be terminal.

Like they said earlier, there isnt much they can do.

The treatment is the same as the chemo i am already recieving so they are going to do two more rounds and scan me again & go from there. IF (and it is a big IF) it reacts to the chemo and shrinks the smaller ones they might be able to surgically remove the larger, but the chemo definetly wont kill the larger, it's to big. Although surgery really isnt effective as unfortunately the damn thing has learned to move on it's own. They cut out a piece, it leaves a weak spot and a new one will set up in it's place.

Radiation isnt an option.

If chemo doesnt effect it i have 6 months to a year. if it does effect it, i might have a few more years, but i was told to know that i wont be growing old and make financial/personnal plans to reflect as much, then enjoy what time i have left.

My chances of making it ten more years are slim at best.

I just got married 7 months ago to the most wondeful woman in the world for me, my baby girl needs her Daddy. I have a new puppy. I wont live to see my daughter graduate high school.

This isnt supposed to be happening.

...and to top it off for today, just lost a whole fucking gob of hair in the shower. guess i go to the barber after work and have him shit can the rest.

Last edited by wayoflife; 12-24-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:36 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The Beginning...

I dont really know what to say here, so I guess i will just begin. April and I got married May 30th of 2009, though we have been together for a few years. She has three daughters previously 18, 16, & 13, and we have one together who is now a very beautiful 3. Everything was going as well as it can with three teenagers in the house, lots of drama and ups and downs but manageable.

We went to a local amusement park on Sunday July 19th, ran around to the rides and the waterpark all day and had fun. Monday i went to work and the jeans felt tight on my right thigh. Went and looked and i had a bump about half the size of a baseball sticking out on the inner side by the inseam. Great, i figured i charlie-horsed it playing at the park and had just noticed it (It definetly wasnt there the day before).

Well, it didnt go away, so I called the doctor monday night.
Went to see her on tuesday.
Wednesday i had an MRI and was told i had cancer.
THey did chest abdomen and pelvis CT scans which where clear, it was confined to my thigh.

I had a tumour about 3.5" by 2.5" by 2" in my mid-inner right thigh. I went through 25 radiation treatments to kill it and then surgery to extract it. I lost about a third of my right thigh and have been learning how to walk again. It is slow and painful but I am getting there. Getting in and out of my Jeep is the hardest, but I'll be damned if i give it up, it's the first thing i have so totally wanted vehicle wise solely for me and i put my heart and soul into fixing it the way i want it to be. The surgery was labeled a success as they got all of the tumour, i was excited to be cancer free, but am still undergoing chemo as a cleanup.

Well, i had the post-surgery baseline MRI of my thigh and it was fine.

I went for what i thought to be the baseline CT scans of my chest, abdomen, and pelvis.

Abdomen and pelvis where fine, three tumours in the lungs. Good god i felt like i wass kicked in the testicles by a brama bull. the rug got totally ripped out from under my feet. Merry F'in Christmas to me, i have 6 months to maybe a few years at best.

There are three tumours in my lungs. 2 at 1 cm each, 1 at 5cm in my lower right lung. Great.

The treatment is the same as the precautionary treatment i was already recieving. Strongest drugs they have, at the highest rate and frequency they can pump them through me. so I hope that it works because i need to be here to take care of my family.

So, now, I plow face first into the unknown.
~Ever Onward

Last edited by wayoflife; 12-24-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow sorry to hear that. my thoughts and prayers will go out to you and yours. please keep us updated on your status.

i dont know your back story but in your above post it sounds like you were or are already on chemo. has this been an ongoing fight with another type of cancer and it just spread?

i truly hope you beat the odds.

shaun h
Old 12-24-2009, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

nevermind on the backstory i read the sticky
Old 12-24-2009, 08:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Very sorry to hear the news, you are correct CANCER SUCKS! I lost my brother two weeks ago to it. All the best to you and your family, I hope to see your post on the forum for a long time to come.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:40 PM
JK Super Freak

My prayers are with you and for your family. I have a friend going through a similar thing.

FIGHT!
Old 12-24-2009, 10:11 PM
JK Super Freak

I am sorry man, I can't even begin to comprehend what you are going through....words fail me at a time like this.

All I can say is to never give up hope, despite what the doctors have said, they are not God, they have been known to be wrong.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:15 PM
JK Newbie

Default We are all with you man.

Crumudgeon, Cancer does suck and what it does to your life sucks but don't lose hope man. You never know. I hate to sound corny but, when its darkest is when you can see the stars. It is Christmas eve and I got an email from a guy I've never met telling me a guy I probably have a lot in common with is having the suckiest day of his life so, I am not a religious man but I'll try anything. So, I am going to ask god to help you on Christmas eve. Can't hurt. I will also donate whatever we can. We'll skip a couple of dinners out for your family. Hang in there man. This must be terrifying. You never know man.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:08 AM
JK Jedi

I'm so sorry to hear this. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:27 AM
JK Freak

so sorry to hear about this. just love your wife daughter and puppy as much as you can. maybe take them all wheeling together. our thoughts are with you.

Quick Reply: I dont have good news to share - Rest in Peace 12/27/2011