Notices
Wanted Make it easier for people to clean out their garage by letting them know you want their dust collectors. Post the things you want and/or are looking for here.

Soft top question

Old 01-27-2016, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top question

Hi guys I own a 2015 jku and I want to buy a soft top, but I know there's a ton of different ones. I like the frameless ones but not set on them. I wanted to know if anyone could give me some info on some really good ones they've had, and also some bad experiences with some. Thanks ahead of time
Old 01-27-2016, 09:56 AM
JK Newbie

Have u checked Craigslist for factory soft tops? I bought 2 on there. I love the look of the trek top nx. Wanted one but u lose some storage space in the back from the fastback. Also not near as easy to remove the full top. I like to ride around in the summer w no top. If it's going to rain. I just put the top up in about a minute. I don't worry about the Windows. I just keep mine at home. The top up and windows up keeps the font cab dry. Can't do that w the trek top. Well. U can but takes a while. Plus the factory soft top just folds back and ready when I need it. Trek top would just be sitting in the floor.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello,
Most go with stock soft tops, just make sure you go with a newer style just because they have improved from past years.
Now as far as new or used, I'll try to break it down so it makes sense; OK..

First off, stock tops of 07-09 had a system that made it to where the fabric would tuck up into the door surrounds, making it a pain in the butt to manage when its raining.

The 10-current tops are easier to handle due to the fact that the top overlaps the door surrounds so its easier to put up or drop down, other features to these years are larger windows, moved footmen loop on the header bar and some even have an assist setup making it even easier to put up alone..

I'd recommend surfing your local Craigslist to see if anyone has a stock soft top up for sale.. I've seen them go for $150- $1000 depending on the year of the top.

Just know that all stock soft tops will work on any year if all of the hardware is included but on that note some light modification may be needed.

Some Peeps like the slant back look so they go with Trektop.. I have some buddies that use both a new style and older style both look good but the newer style folds down easier but with both it makes you lose space in the cargo area due to it being slanted.

good luck, let me know if you have any other questions
Augi
Old 01-27-2016, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys I really appreciate it, I will do some shopping around on Craigslist if I have any questions i will let you guys know. Thanks again
Old 02-01-2016, 02:58 AM
JK Newbie

I'm selling a soft top off a 2015. I'm in Florida.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by drdarren
I'm selling a soft top off a 2015. I'm in Florida.
thanks but a recent financial set back, will be waiting to buy a soft top for now

Quick Reply: Soft top question