JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Western Canada (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/western-canada-107/)
-   -   B.C. Lower Mainland Trail Day? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/western-canada-107/b-c-lower-mainland-trail-day-56904/)

TONKA 10-02-2008 08:33 AM

B.C. Lower Mainland Trail Day?

It about time we got another group together for a little outing.

07rubisteve 10-02-2008 01:01 PM

I agree...I should get my jeep back in a week or so....You can count me in...and I am sure Sam will too...Did you get your front diff replaced?? talk later..

cheers,

Steve

Canada17 10-02-2008 01:41 PM

I would be interested...

...But I am completly stock and have no O/R experience. Hope that is ok.

Matt08jk 10-02-2008 02:44 PM

Well...I have been meaning to test out the MTZ's.

kulapiku 10-02-2008 06:46 PM

im in.....

TONKA 10-02-2008 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by 07rubisteve (Post 715970)
I agree...I should get my jeep back in a week or so....You can count me in...and I am sure Sam will too...Did you get your front diff replaced?? talk later..

cheers,

Steve

Yes I have a new front diff to try out.

TONKA 10-02-2008 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Canada17 (Post 716041)
...But I am completly stock and have no O/R experience. Hope that is ok.

Stock what? Is it 2 or 4 door, X, Sahara, or Rubicon.
You can come but it makes a difference on where we can take you without damaging your Jeep.

TONKA 10-03-2008 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by TONKA (Post 717019)
Stock what? Is it 2 or 4 door, X, Sahara, or Rubicon.
You can come but it makes a difference on where we can take you without damaging your Jeep.

Ok I read in another thread that yopu have a Sahara. Depending on where we decide we'll have to be carefull of your side steps. On our last outing there was a stock 4-door Sahara he did fine but he did smash his passanger side step up pretty good.

07rubisteve 10-03-2008 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by TONKA (Post 717017)
Yes I have a new front diff to try out.

Nice...the dealership is replacing everything in the diff...new gears, locker, bearings everything:thumbsup: they even advised that they are upgrading some of the internal bolts....:thinking:..will have to get further details on this..but the chrysler engineers advised to do it.....I guess it is only a good thing...

TONKA 10-03-2008 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by 07rubisteve (Post 718049)
Nice...the dealership is replacing everything in the diff...new gears, locker, bearings everything:thumbsup: they even advised that they are upgrading some of the internal bolts....:thinking:..will have to get further details on this..but the chrysler engineers advised to do it.....I guess it is only a good thing...

Souds like your going to have a new dif to test as well. :thumbsup:

Rubicon_Fan 10-03-2008 09:10 PM

Count me in.. as always..

Ill get to test out my new longer front sway bars.. and new JKS Front Track Bar...:ya:

Rubicon_Fan 10-03-2008 09:12 PM

Alright: My post number 200... :)
Any ideas which trail to hit?

Eagle ridge?
Bible Camp?
Hale/Sunrise?
Whipsaw? Dont know if its still ok to go though...
:)

TONKA 10-04-2008 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rubicon_Fan (Post 718949)
Alright: My post number 200... :)
Any ideas which trail to hit?

Eagle ridge?
Bible Camp?
Hale/Sunrise?
Whipsaw? Dont know if its still ok to go though...
:)

Its been a few years since I've been to Eagle Ridge, so I'd like to go there.

I've never been to Bible Camp, but doesn't that require a ferry?

Hale/ Sunrise is nice, we were just there

Whipsaw would probably be ok if it's really soon or we better have chains and winches, pluss it's a little much for a day outing.

Davis Lake is another good spot for a day trip

07rubisteve 10-05-2008 11:45 AM

I am easy, isn't Eagle Ridge really close to Coquitlam Sam?? can you make a day out of it? I am in for anywhere....Whipshaw looked really cool from Sam's pics, and his YouTube clip.....snow and mud sounds awesome...winching? even better!!! I have all the recovery gear, I wouldn't mind getting stuck or pullin anyone else out:clap: Overnight trip?:thinking:

, I agree not to go to Sun Rise again.......Sun rise would be fun in another 1.5 months if there would be some snow...

What date are we thinkin here......I may not have my jeep back for another 1.5 weeks:naw:...As much as i want to go again, don't let me hold you guys up though if eveyone wants to go sooner....

TONKA 10-05-2008 05:20 PM

I'm game for what ever works, if everyone is willing to wait for "07 rubisteve" to have his Jeep back thats cool.
I might be making a trip over to Clear Creak with the family this coming long weekend just to hold me over. If anyone whats to join thats fine too. Day and time not yet decided.
If you guys want to do the Whipsaws it'll be a long day for those of you coming from the Vancouver area. You'll want to do an over night would my guess. Its up in the mountain alpine so snow is going to be very likely in a couple of weeks from now, but that will make thing interresting. I'd be game. Just have to pack for the cold.
Oh and yes Eagle Ridge is up at the top of Westwood Plateau. Which is up the hill from Coquitlam Center.

07rubisteve 10-05-2008 10:34 PM

Thanks Doug.....We are planning on going to Kelowna this coming long weekend to see the family, I am hoping to get the jeep back the Tuesday after the long weekend...but I am game anytime after that.....

Do you think that the Whipsaw could be done in one day if we left early, or is that a little too long...I am thinking that it would be getting a little chilly to camp overnight in the bush....I would be game to leave early if anyone else wanted to......

Eagle ridge might be the way to go for everyone to meet who didn't come last time:dontknow2:

TONKA 10-06-2008 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by 07rubisteve (Post 721778)
Thanks Doug.....We are planning on going to Kelowna this coming long weekend to see the family, I am hoping to get the jeep back the Tuesday after the long weekend...but I am game anytime after that.....

Do you think that the Whipsaw could be done in one day if we left early, or is that a little too long...I am thinking that it would be getting a little chilly to camp overnight in the bush....I would be game to leave early if anyone else wanted to......

Eagle ridge might be the way to go for everyone to meet who didn't come last time:dontknow2:

Whipsaws can be done in a day if all goes well, but if there is snow on the hill climbs then your looking at a very long day if you plan to be in your own bed at the end of the night.

I'd say that Eagle Ridge would be a good place to go for an afternoon outing.

Stevep 10-06-2008 07:08 PM

I'm down for another ride. Count me in. :yup:

Rubicon_Fan 10-07-2008 09:30 AM

Eagle Ridge sounds great.. But not this week.. I still have to do my allignment and install track bar...:) But next Week and After.. Im down..

TONKA 10-07-2008 10:40 AM

So how does Eagle Ridge on the Saturday (Oct. 18) after the long weekend sound for everyone? :yup:

07rubisteve 10-07-2008 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by TONKA (Post 724619)
So how does Eagle Ridge on the Saturday (Oct. 18) after the long weekend sound for everyone? :yup:

:yup::thumbsup::yup::thumbsup::yup::thumbsup: :driving: :ok:

:WootJump:

Rubicon_Fan 10-08-2008 02:42 PM

:rock::buddies: I hope this explains :)

Rubicon_Fan 10-09-2008 11:54 PM

Anyone else? Anyone? Anyone?

Brad2893 10-13-2008 04:04 PM

D'oh! I was on the mainland for thanksgiving!!! ARGH :tantrum:

NV-JK 10-14-2008 09:05 AM

I'm in

Count me in:thumbsup:. Is this trail as stock friendly as the last one? I still haven't replaced my plastic side steps with something more durable.

Rubicon_Fan 10-14-2008 10:51 AM

Actually, if its Eagle Ridge... I couldn`t make it on my stock Rubi.... dont know..:thinking:

NV-JK 10-14-2008 11:48 AM

Well if you could not do it in a stock Rubi I had better stay home. I don't need to be doing do any more damage. Should have my lift on soon but don't think I'll be able to get it in by this weekend:sad2: Oh well Next time I'm in for sure.

07rubisteve 10-14-2008 01:21 PM

Just throwing this out there......

Where do we want to meet on Saturday?....the mall parking lot off Lougheed in Coquitlam, maybe the Future Shop side???

Time???? 1000-1030hours????? or should it be earlier??

TONKA 10-15-2008 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by 07rubisteve (Post 736831)
Just throwing this out there......

Where do we want to meet on Saturday?....the mall parking lot off Lougheed in Coquitlam, maybe the Future Shop side???

Time???? 1000-1030hours????? or should it be earlier??

This sounds good for me.

Matt08jk 10-15-2008 10:45 AM

Installing my new suspension on Saturday....maybe next trip.

Need disco's now,...

Rubicon_Fan 10-15-2008 06:17 PM

Sounds good to me too.. :thumbsup:

07rubisteve 10-17-2008 06:12 PM

Hi everyone,

Just firming up our plans here, we will meet between 1000-1030 hours at the Coquitlam Mall parking lot in front of the Future Shop off Lougheed Hwy. From there it is just up the hill to the trail. Expecting to wheel for 5-7 hours....:yup:

Bring you own munchies.....looking forward to the day....Word is that a stock Rubicon unlimited should make it....stock sahara's not recommended....I think that 2 dr sahara's should make it if you have a mud terrain tires....:yup:

So far Tonka and I are going for sure......Rubicon_Fan had to pass but assured he would attend the next trip.....

My cell (604)999-4694

Cheers

Steve

Stevep 10-17-2008 06:53 PM

Sorry guys but i'm out. The honey do list needs to be done. Doing Chipmunk trail Sunday morning. Have fun and will join next time. Cheers!

sp

Rubicon_Fan 10-18-2008 09:20 PM

I had an emergency and couldn’t make this tima… Im sure Ive lost a lot… But hope we can do it again!
Pics Anyone.. c`mon I know there are tons of them..:) Cant wait to see them..
Sam
:thumbsup:

TONKA 10-20-2008 10:21 AM

I started a thread over in the "Trails & Tales" with lots of pictures. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-trails-tales-71/eagle-ridge-b-c-58835/

07rubisteve 10-22-2008 07:56 PM

Doug and Gavin,...that was an awesome day:yup:......can't wait to do it again....I think Sam wants to go soon....so do I:ya::ya:

I added some pics and vid clips to Dougs follow up thread in the Trails and Tales section....:yup:

I think that Eagle Ridge is better than Sunrise:yup:

Cheers