Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Whipsaw Trail advice

Old 07-08-2015, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whipsaw Trail advice

hey there our friends to the north!
A group of us from the Seattle area are heading up in a few weeks to do the Whipsaw trail.

first, just wanted to ask if you have any local knowledge to share about the Whipsaw? we plan to camp the first night at Wells Lake and the second night at Granite City Ghost Town.

when we're done and before heading back down, we want to check out the French Mine or the Carolin Mine. some internet research shows either one is somewhat close to Coalmont; is that right? do you have a recommendation of which one to make a quick jump over and exploration?

thanks from your brothers to the south!!
Old 07-15-2015, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by gary
hey there our friends to the north!
A group of us from the Seattle area are heading up in a few weeks to do the Whipsaw trail.

first, just wanted to ask if you have any local knowledge to share about the Whipsaw? we plan to camp the first night at Wells Lake and the second night at Granite City Ghost Town.

when we're done and before heading back down, we want to check out the French Mine or the Carolin Mine. some internet research shows either one is somewhat close to Coalmont; is that right? do you have a recommendation of which one to make a quick jump over and exploration?

thanks from your brothers to the south!!
Definitely French mine. Actually I am pretty sure Carolin mine is closed to the public right now.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:44 AM
JK Super Freak

I've only camped at Wells Lake and that was in 2010. Check with the guys at bcjeepclub.ca as they probably have the most members that make runs to Whipsaw and can tell you more info.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The French Mine is closer to Hedley, about a 30 min drive from Princeton, if your into exploring old mines make sure you plan a few hrs for this one as its quite large.

Its big enough to park a few vehicles in the entrance.

Quick Reply: Whipsaw Trail advice