Notices
Whats In Our Shop In-house builds and projects

On The Rack

Old 04-24-2017, 04:51 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Trail Jeeps
I have it on my truck, and for the record, I would do everything I possibly could do avoid ram assist on a DD. With the delay, the extra complexity, the wandering, while the ram assist is AWESOME on the trails, it has some less than desirable side effects on the daily..
I couldn't agree more! We've had the wandering almost take me off the highway once. Adding to the complexity are the Hemi joints I run in my steering. Combined with the ram it's not a ideal DD set up.

The one thing that is a bummer about it is that we would still like to see sector shaft reinforcement on a JK that see's a lot of work in the dirt, ram assist or not, and none of the aftermarket manufacturers have a kit that is compatible, at least not yet. We are thinking about a way to
make something work, so stay tuned...
I've been looking for some reinforcements as well. We run a SS brace on our TJ for extra insurance.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:29 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
I couldn't agree more! We've had the wandering almost take me off the highway once. Adding to the complexity are the Hemi joints I run in my steering. Combined with the ram it's not a ideal DD set up.

I've been looking for some reinforcements as well. We run a SS brace on our TJ for extra insurance.

Oooh yeah Heims and a ram, that's tough!

We're knocking some ideas around for a brace. Unless we find an easy solution to capture the sector shaft relatively soon, we may just wait and see how the boxes fair. Everything on the PSC box is so much bigger that it may end up being enough, although turning big tires on a heavy JK alone is still asking a lot of any steering box. If the box is everything it appears to be, perhaps the solution is a simply tying the track bar brace to the back of the frame where the steering box is enough to bombproof the situation. Deflection of the box on the frame is a part of what can kill JK steering boxes, so maybe with the new PSC Big Bore XD box it's just that simple.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:33 AM
Former Vendor

Jason is burning in some JCR Mauler Sliders!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9137.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	670911
Old 04-26-2017, 12:14 PM
Former Vendor

Wrapping up on this JKS JKonnect 3.5" suspension system and JCR bumper combo on this sweet red Hard Rock.

What do you think?

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	670940

Name:	image2.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	670941
Old 05-01-2017, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

We've installed a couple and I we have been extremely impressed! Feels just like a JK!

I have lots of experience with ram assist. We install a lot of them. I have it on my truck, and for the record, I would do everything I possibly could do avoid ram assist on a DD. With the delay, the extra complexity, the wandering, while the ram assist is AWESOME on the trails, it has some less than desirable side effects on the daily.

The one thing that is a bummer about it is that we would still like to see sector shaft reinforcement on a JK that see's a lot of work in the dirt, ram assist or not, and none of the aftermarket manufacturers have a kit that is compatible, at least not yet. We are thinking about a way to make something work, so stay tuned...
So does the XD box decrease the steering effort at all when off road, or is it just simply stronger? Thanks for all the feedback!
Old 05-04-2017, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
So does the XD box decrease the steering effort at all when off road, or is it just simply stronger? Thanks for all the feedback!
It definitely provides more oomph than the factory box, as well as being physically stronger. We haven't wheeled on it yet, but hunch says that it'll be a significant improvement. PSC claims it's adequate for up to a 37 without ram assist. I have a feeling a 40 will feel a lot like what what a 37 feels like with the stock box, which is not ideal, but is adequate in most situations and may not justify the addtion of a ram assist.

Quick Reply: On The Rack