Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Corolla has plenty of space for a ton of vehicles but all you'll do is meet folks down that way. I found an old driveshaft in the shed so I'll be back to functional for cruising around but I'm not taking this shaft any distance.

I've also got a wheel speed sensor to change out on a 2015 so maybe with the nice temps I'll just tear into that project and sling the hammock out.

Enjoy the beach jenks, shout if you find anyone down that way that's going to be a good time for wheeling. We'll pick a weekend and head out to see Bill.
Understandable on the DS.. Yeah man, You guys wanna hit up GWJN. Thats cool with me.. Work schedules are changing with no idea to what they are, but if I can get out.. I will.

Side bar: This guy has done a lot of trails/forest roads up there. I wanna hit up some of what he has done (Cross post from another forum). Northern GWNF Trip Report - Page 4 - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Old 02-18-2017, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

That was quite a read, I'm surprised the guy is current on posting too!! I see you've got a new profile picture, did you make it out that way today?

Spring break is coming and unlike the rest of the building, I'm looking at going to the mountains instead of the beach.

Jenks- how was that meet today? The weather turned out to be really nice. I spent all day adjusting control arms and it wasn't even on my jeep
Old 02-19-2017, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

That was quite a read, I'm surprised the guy is current on posting too!! I see you've got a new profile picture, did you make it out that way today?

Spring break is coming and unlike the rest of the building, I'm looking at going to the mountains instead of the beach.

Jenks- how was that meet today? The weather turned out to be really nice. I spent all day adjusting control arms and it wasn't even on my jeep
No Sir... Wifey wanted to some spring cleaning in the house. The new avi is from last year up at Bald Mountain. Ran it both in June and July solo.

If you are heading west to the hills, Throw it up here. I'll do my best to go.

~Bill
Old 02-20-2017, 06:36 AM
JK Newbie

It was a good time. There were somewhere around 55 or so Jeeps. We didn't stick around to much, kids were... well being kids. Spent some time driving around looking at houses in Corova.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	666992

More of a beach drive then a wheelin trip but the weather was fabulous.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jenks
It was a good time. There were somewhere around 55 or so Jeeps. We didn't stick around to much, kids were... well being kids. Spent some time driving around looking at houses in Corova.

Attachment 666992

More of a beach drive then a wheelin trip but the weather was fabulous.
Nice.. Good times Man
Old 02-28-2017, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Looking to head back up to Flagpole with a friend and my younger brother on March 11-12, camping up there somewhere. We'll have my orange 2dr, a blue 2dr, and a tank green 4dr....hopefully with everyone on 35's to explore for the weekend.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Looking to head back up to Flagpole with a friend and my younger brother on March 11-12, camping up there somewhere. We'll have my orange 2dr, a blue 2dr, and a tank green 4dr....hopefully with everyone on 35's to explore for the weekend.
Well damn, that's not a good weekend for me unfortunately as of right now. Plus I don't have my cold weather camping gear dialed in quite yet. Working on getting the family setup for hammock camping.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

I'm hoping it won't be ridiculously cold but if it is, it's certainly easier to keep one person warm than the entire family. I'm also working on converting to hammock camping but those quilts are crazy expensive. The hammock stays with the jeep 24/7 though for those random nice days.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I work that weekend with no way out of it. Stay warm and have fun.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

Hey all,

New to the forum. I'm from Goochland just outside of Short Pump. On had my Jeep about a year or so, just recently got the lift/tires on it. Hoping to make it back up to bald mountain again this year since It was all stock when I went through last time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	o10n0z.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	518.0 KB
ID:	667651  

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread