Notices
Jeep CJ, Jeepster & Willys Overall Jeep CJ, Jeepster and Willys technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes pretty much most Jeeps made between 1955-1986.

Torn between Two Jeeps

Old 12-24-2010, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torn between Two Jeeps

Well this time of year it is hard to pick which to drive. The JK or my first love

My second love is still in the assembly stage

Old 12-24-2010, 11:31 AM
JK Jedi

I had a 55' PU. When I bought it, it had a 321 Buick in it that was going. When it finally did I put a 350 Chev in her. Wow.....so much torque I could let anybody else drive it without knowing how first. You couldn't give it the gas or let off the gas too fast or it would either snap your neck backwards or forwards. It was crazy. It also had a Borg Warner OD in it. So, even tho it was geared so low, I could still go 80 down the freeway....and I did. Unfortunately I left all the running gear stock and I paid the price. One day while down in a hole we used to 4 wheel to, I think I busted an axle on the way down because for the life of me I couldn't climb back out of there....where before I'd always had no problems. I ended up tearing up the spider gears in the front end as well.

Anyway, I got her fixed and babied her after that. I wish I could have brought her up here when I moved, but just couldn't take the chance ans I had to carry an Alaskan camper and all my stuff, so there was a lot of weight. I ended up trading her for an old military dodge to make the trip.

Sure wish I still had her for sure....Oh...and mine was blue too. I think it was called "aqua" marine....kind of a turquoise color.

Just remembered I had a pic of her......unfortunately not all of her. That camper shell was home made. Fiberglassed the outside and beautiful exposed woodwork on the inside. Like I said.....wish I still had her.

Oh...my dad had a wagon for a long time. All stock. He loved that thing.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

I was going to make the wagon into a four door but decided it was to good to cut. So instead I just bought one of these.

It's no Willys, but it's alright.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would drive them all. I really like the old Willys pickups. I saw this one at a Good Guys car show.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20101224_140955.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	112305  
Old 12-24-2010, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
I had a 55' PU. When I bought it, it had a 321 Buick in it that was going. When it finally did I put a 350 Chev in her. Wow.....so much torque I could let anybody else drive it without knowing how first. You couldn't give it the gas or let off the gas too fast or it would either snap your neck backwards or forwards. It was crazy. It also had a Borg Warner OD in it. So, even tho it was geared so low, I could still go 80 down the freeway....and I did. Unfortunately I left all the running gear stock and I paid the price. One day while down in a hole we used to 4 wheel to, I think I busted an axle on the way down because for the life of me I couldn't climb back out of there....where before I'd always had no problems. I ended up tearing up the spider gears in the front end as well.

Anyway, I got her fixed and babied her after that. I wish I could have brought her up here when I moved, but just couldn't take the chance ans I had to carry an Alaskan camper and all my stuff, so there was a lot of weight. I ended up trading her for an old military dodge to make the trip.

Sure wish I still had her for sure....Oh...and mine was blue too. I think it was called "aqua" marine....kind of a turquoise color.

Just remembered I had a pic of her......unfortunately not all of her. That camper shell was home made. Fiberglassed the outside and beautiful exposed woodwork on the inside. Like I said.....wish I still had her.

Oh...my dad had a wagon for a long time. All stock. He loved that thing.

one at a time
Old 12-24-2010, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jk37
I would drive them all. I really like the old Willys pickups. I saw this one at a Good Guys car show.
Ya I have them to drive them. Alot of people say I'm nuts plowing snow with it.
I bought it to use. The wheels are round, they are made to roll .
Art is to be hung on a wall, trucks are for work!

Old 12-24-2010, 02:09 PM
JK Newbie

spent my high school years in one of those old pickups it was great. The 4v cly engine was a little under powered but we always made it. It took us to some nice fishing holes that we didn't have to walk to. The pick up is my choice.https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/images/smilies/bleh.gif
Old 12-12-2013, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

that is once nice truck - very sweet
Old 07-15-2014, 03:43 AM
JK Freak

its not the driving it that makes you a nutty bastad, its the plowing snow with it! snow plowing kills almost any vehicle you do it with sooner then later at least once you get into the wet heavy snow with em, tweaks the frames, wears out the gears, ugh its just hard as hell on the light duty vehicles!
Old 08-09-2014, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the same dilemma, which to drive !

Quick Reply: Torn between Two Jeeps