Notices
The New Member Registry If you're new to JK-Forum.com, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Jeep JK Wrangler!!

New to the JK Forum

Old 04-24-2024, 01:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the JK Forum

Hello! Just got my first Jeep. It is used, but excited to have one. I bought a 2007 Jeep Wrangler X.
I have already been ordering replacement to fix the cosmetic issues, and I have learned that JEEP stands for Just Empty Every Pocket!
I can't wait to get it all put together. Here is the pics of how it looks right now.....
Old 04-24-2024, 06:28 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Welcome to JKF. If you want to bring that rear bumper and fenders back to life, Penetrol Flood (a paint additive) is a nice product. It does leave things as more of a shiny finish, but it lasts and makes that faded plastic dark black again.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

@resharp001 Wow those Penetrol Flood work? I'm also new to the Jeep community how would you apply that?
Old 04-24-2024, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

@Infidel_Porkchop Congratulations on your new Jeep! Love the Color!
I too bought my 2014 Jeep just 2-3 years ago, I'm still learning to care for it. I just did the oil change on it, it's so much easier than my KIA, and the next thing on the list is flushing the power steering and adding new MOPAR power steering fluid because the one it currently has is BLACK. I've never changed that, so I don't know how long this fluid has been there.

I still need to add the lock to the hood, because people are jerks out there and will get in your hood, especially here in LA.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:53 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by pennyg20
@resharp001 Wow those Penetrol Flood work? I'm also new to the Jeep community how would you apply that?
Flood is a very thin liquid. Actual use is as a paint additive to make the pain flow better and streakless. You just apply it with a foam brush, and it really takes very little. The hardest part for a nice finish is actually just making sure you don't have drips, cuz it's not like that plastic is soaking it up like a sponge. I've seen people talk about this product for years and years. I actually have a couple things I had tested this on cuz I'm going to do my interior plastic which is sun beaten since I'm usually topless. The one drawback, as mentioned, is that it will leave a shiny finish that some might not care for. Here is a bumper I experimented with -

That had been pretty faded before. And here is a snap of plastic interior piece i just put some on just for comparison-

Old 04-26-2024, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 422 Posts

Yep I have FLotrol and it works good. But I am not too anal about what the fenders look like. Its a Jeep.

Quick Reply: New to the JK Forum