Notices
Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler Overall Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes all Jeep Wranglers made between 1987-2006 and includes models such as the Unlimited, Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and X.

Spider LJ

Old 10-05-2010, 05:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spider LJ

Whats up guys

Just want to share my build.

so I bought this Jeep from NY and drove it all the way to Denver. 2000+mi drive. was really great. reason why I did that is because I picked it up for 10K it's an 05 with 75k on the tach. has a hard top and is a six speed. also came with premium sound and the dimming rear view mirror.

we made a quick stop here

and continued our Journey

the plan is to make it a daily driver and an awesome four wheeler. low stance big tires. and a bullet proof drive train.

so build sheet is as follows.

- JK D44 axles front and rear. <----- have front/ looking for rear
- TNT truss and brackets. <----- on it's way
- 2.5" lift (really not sure at this point if I should do OME lift or make my own from parts)
- 1" body ( hate body lifts but gotta install one to belly up)
- 37" Tires (MTRs or TOYO MTs)
- 17" MOAB wheels (took those of my bros JK) <----- have/ not installed
- bumpers (undecided)
- 9.5TI winch
- AEV hiline kit <----- have/ not installed
- factory soft top <----- done
- factory half doors <----- done
- Harness for ipod control from RBQ <----- done
- Kelby hiline rockers <----- have/ not installed
- get rid of all the chorme <----- done
- clear marker and signal lights. <----- done
- black headlight rings. <----- done
- Paint Hard top inside out <----- done
- paint Jeep Flat gun metal gray <----- final mod

this build will take a while since i'm working on this and the JK. the JK is almost at completion. I'm really not that good of a multitasker. I'm also trying to do as much of the work as possible. but it gets to a point where I either don't have the knowledge or time to do it. so then it goes to High Country Performance 4X4 to get whatever needs to be done done!

so here is the Jeep next to my JK

here is the front JK housing that I picked up.

cutting the brackets off and inspection

and the finished product

I placed an Order last night for the TNT truss/ bracket kit. man is that expensive! 1000$ for the front and rear!

should expect it to show up some time late next week.

that's all I have for now. I will post more as things progress.

sorry about this long post.

let me know if you guys have any comments/ suggestions/ recommendations

Thanks

Lo2aY

Last edited by Lo2aY; 03-09-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:34 PM
JK Junkie

here are some pics of the hardtop. the outside isn't done yet. but to get an idea of what it looks like
sorry about the cell pics. but thats what I had on me when I went to check it out.

so it's a two tone gray. really hard to see with the light and texture! the sides are dark gray which turned out almost black. the inside is a lighter gray. initially, I wanted to do it one color on the inside! but then decided to go creative with it.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Freak

looking good man. cant wait to see more pics
Old 10-08-2010, 01:30 AM
JK Junkie

Update..

Here is the hardtop with a fresh paint on the outside!

here are some pics of the Wheels after the blast and the rear JK44 prior to demolition :p

they will be 10% gloss black and will match all armor and bumpers!

rear 44

here is the Truss build sheet from TNT.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:17 AM
JK Newbie

Ima watching...interested in the JK2TJ trusses.

Last edited by 98gp; 10-12-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:08 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 98gp
Ima watching...interested in the JK2TJ trusses.
Thanks, yea I'll have a detailed post about how this will work. I know a lot of people want to learn or use it as a guide

So I have an update!

got the top installed and the glass back in. problem with the two tone interior paint is that it's not showing as much as I wish it did. you cant see it in the dark, and even in the day time it's kinda hard to see. i'll snap some pics of that once I get a chance.

Also picked up the body, motor lift, Teraflex belly up and Tera lower adjustable control arms. rears only for know.

rear axle is almost cleaned up from all the brackets. just shaving the excess metal. once i'm done with that I will start on the body lift and lower control arms. :rtft:

never installed one before so I hope it's a good experience.

I ordered the Trax adapter for the axles. I will install the JK Rubi stock wheels and tires on it to see how I like it and also drive around with it like that for a while. the tires that are on it are getting bold and wearing funny.

Wheels should be done from powder coat tomorrow. so I'm interested to see how it turned out!

Thanks

Lo2aY

Old 10-13-2010, 01:25 PM
JK Junkie

Update with pics

Wheels are done here are some pics. I threw the factory Rubi tires on it for now. I will rock it with the body lift until I figure out what I want to do with a suspension setup. I'm installing the BL and TT tonight with no susp lift. I hope I don't have issues with the driveshaft. more on that later.

tires loaded up and heading to Discount tire to get them mounted.

here they are all waiting to be installed on the LJ

close up

and the top. it's got some flake to it. just hard to see in the shade!

inside shots. really nice. i'm suprised that the factory never had a different color than white! it's freakin ugly with a white interior!

again it's hard to see the contrast in the dark. but I'll try to take some pro shots to show it.

Luai
Old 10-13-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't wait to see this thing done. It looks great already. I love LJ's And great job with the hardtop, i was thinking about doing the same thing about the two toned interior. I bet it'll just just as good on a JK top. is there any reason you didn't bedline the hardtop?
Old 10-15-2010, 12:20 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
I can't wait to see this thing done. It looks great already. I love LJ's And great job with the hardtop, i was thinking about doing the same thing about the two toned interior. I bet it'll just just as good on a JK top. is there any reason you didn't bedline the hardtop?
Thanks

I bedlined the jk top and didn't really like it. So I'll paint that next

Got the jeep out of the garage. Finished the body lift and motor lift. Also installed the belly up and new wheels. Jeep should have came like this from the factory with a name like "black rock" or something. It looks really nice

Now to the problems. Well I didn't install the control arms because I'm super tired and need to get some rest. I put a big *** dent on the oil pan. That needs to be replaced. Also one of the bolts that hold the engine puk on the bottom sidenwill not go in any further. Tried lifting the engine again to get it going but no luck.

Tomorrow I need to figure out how to do the control arms. Since I only have one floor Jack and 3 stands. Don't know how I can shift the pinion angle to match. So I need to do some math

I'll have some pics tomorrow. I hope I never have todo an ML ever again. What a pain in the ***

Luai
Old 10-21-2010, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Quick Reply: Spider LJ