Notices
Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler Overall Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes all Jeep Wranglers made between 1987-2006 and includes models such as the Unlimited, Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and X.

TJ Long Arm Suspension

Old 04-07-2014, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/comp-cut-streching-my-2009-2-door-jk-installing-tnt-guardian-front-bumper-300639/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2014, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PagosaGlen
Awesome! Do you have a link to the thread you mentioned?
Kinda a little jealous of all you guys out west! I am wanting to plan a trip there as soon as I can justify the trip. Your profile pic shows it all! Very nice!

Old 04-07-2014, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phatchick
Kinda a little jealous of all you guys out west! I am wanting to plan a trip there as soon as I can justify the trip. Your profile pic shows it all! Very nice!

I really like the build threads. Have you finished the stretch yet?

Best jeeping in the world out here. I have actually moved my jeep to moab.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I really like the build threads. Have you finished the stretch yet?

Best jeeping in the world out here. I have actually moved my jeep to moab.
I am adding pictures and progress of the comp cut as I complete everything. As of now I am just waiting on parts to finish everything up. I should have it done soon.

Yeah I will make that drive one day with my jeep! I have been out west may times for work but never for leisure.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:16 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Personally I think wheeling is harder in the midwest and east then out here but you can't beat the views.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Personally I think wheeling is harder in the midwest and east then out here but you can't beat the views.
Yeah a group of my friends are flying out and renting jeeps this year, but I will be busy with work. I just would rather have my jeep there than rent one but it is crazy expensive to have it shipped from the East coast

Old 04-07-2014, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phatchick
Yeah a group of my friends are flying out and renting jeeps this year, but I will be busy with work. I just would rather have my jeep there than rent one but it is crazy expensive to have it shipped from the East coast

It is crazy expensive to rent a jeep. One of my brothers does it every year. So you know I just saw a new company on Main street that is renting new Jks very nicely equipped with 35s. It said on the windows of the jeeps 230 a day. I know a lot but compared to others equipment you can't beat the price.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:44 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

$4 diesel has killed the small shipper. When I moved, towing a 40' enclosed gooseneck from Illinois to Reno (2000 miles) cost me $1000 in just fuel and took 3 days.

We once looked into shipping by rail but it cost over $700 one way and you could not have anything in the jeep (tools or gear) and had to have min fuel just for loading and unloading.

There is a company that rents jeeps here for the rubicon that chages $1700+ for a 3 day but they do include a guide and food.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
$4 diesel has killed the small shipper. When I moved, towing a 40' enclosed gooseneck from Illinois to Reno (2000 miles) cost me $1000 in just fuel and took 3 days.

We once looked into shipping by rail but it cost over $700 one way and you could not have anything in the jeep (tools or gear) and had to have min fuel just for loading and unloading.

There is a company that rents jeeps here for the rubicon that chages $1700+ for a 3 day but they do include a guide and food.
There seems to be an opportunity in there somewhere for a viable business opportunity for someone!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

There seems to be an opportunity in there somewhere for a viable business opportunity for someone!
True!

Quick Reply: TJ Long Arm Suspension