Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2014 Plug and Play Remote Start with Extended Range

Old 07-19-2015, 05:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Plug and Play Remote Start with Extended Range

I have tried to search the forums but now I am unsure of the direction to go. I want to install this myself, I do have an auto, Rubicon. I want the extended range and also want to be able to start it with out the horn honking each time. I want to keep this affordable but use higher quality equipment.

Last edited by itchy17; 07-19-2015 at 05:55 AM.
Old 07-19-2015, 06:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd look into viper. Might not be so plug and play but will give you a longer range. How long of a range are yoi wanting?
Old 07-19-2015, 06:33 AM
JK Super Freak

I have a viper on my 2012. I do get a random horn honk on start every 30/40 starts or so. Install wasn't tremendously hard but still took the better part of a day as I didn't know what I was doing most of the time. If your going after remote start only, I might suggest you stay oem only
Old 07-19-2015, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
I'd look into viper. Might not be so plug and play but will give you a longer range. How long of a range are yoi wanting?
Thank you for your response but any range 1000' or more would be great! I really don't want to cut or tap any wires and I want to do it myself.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by orangedude71
I have a viper on my 2012. I do get a random horn honk on start every 30/40 starts or so. Install wasn't tremendously hard but still took the better part of a day as I didn't know what I was doing most of the time. If your going after remote start only, I might suggest you stay oem only
Thanks for your input, putting in a day of work to get it done is really no big deal. I really like Viper but don't want to pay for the install and I don't want to cut or tap wires.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by itchy17
Thanks for your input, putting in a day of work to get it done is really no big deal. I really like Viper but don't want to pay for the install and I don't want to cut or tap wires.
with the d-ball I only needed to tap one ignition wire in the column and run 12v to the battery. Everything else was plug in. of course run all the wires for siren and various sensors. I think if I went nuts and did more wire tapping , I could have gotten lights to flash on alarm and also done window control from remote. But all I wanted was remote start, motion sensor, proximity sensor and hood pin, so that is all I wired up
Old 07-20-2015, 04:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by orangedude71
with the d-ball I only needed to tap one ignition wire in the column and run 12v to the battery. Everything else was plug in. of course run all the wires for siren and various sensors. I think if I went nuts and did more wire tapping , I could have gotten lights to flash on alarm and also done window control from remote. But all I wanted was remote start, motion sensor, proximity sensor and hood pin, so that is all I wired up
This sounds like what I am looking for, what was the ignition wire that you needed to used for? Was that for the dball or the viper?
Old 07-20-2015, 05:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Here's a thread from 12v site where I sorted it out. I was using the dball as an interface to the viper. The viper manages the remote start in that situation. However there is an option where the dball can be programmed to handle remote start capabilities and you can start the car using three clicks from the stock remote. But if your looking for long range starting, the only choice is to use the viper http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...asp?tid=127425
Old 07-20-2015, 05:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to reference thus thread for future use
Old 10-14-2018, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

How do you post a new thread?

Quick Reply: 2014 Plug and Play Remote Start with Extended Range