Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

2015 Altitude speakers

Old 02-04-2016, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Altitude speaker replacement help

I know this has been posted over & over, and I did plenty of searches. So I picked up a 2015 Altitude Unlimited yesterday and yes, the speakers suck. It's the 430n, but not the upgraded sound system. So my question is...not looking to go crazy (and not spend a ton of money), and plug-n-play would be nice so I can do it myself and not get too crazy with wiring. Can someone tell me what Kicker speakers I would need to replace the front tweeters, front lower dash speakers, and the sound bar speakers? I was thinking doing a powered 10" Bazooka tube for the bass since I read a couple people have gone that route and are happy with it. I know it's going to take up some rear room, but I read most think the stock sub sucks too...lol I changed all the speakers in my 08, but it was so long ago, I don't remember which Kicker's I used, and not sure if they're changed, I know the soundbar is different.

Thanks!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160203_202009_resized.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	636616

Last edited by hotprowl; 02-04-2016 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

I was just checking Quadratec and found these:

Quadratec Exclusive K-6.5CFG15 - Kicker Factory Replacement Overhead Sound Bar Speaker Kit for 15-16 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

MOPAR 77KICK10 - MOPAR® Kicker Audio Speaker Upgrade for 05-16 Jeep® Wrangler JK, Unlimited JK, Liberty & Grand Cherokee - Quadratec

Just curious what's the difference? They're both 6.5" and both direct replacement?? Only difference I see is speakers look a little different and $55 more for the soundbar ones. Maybe I'm missing something..
Old 02-07-2016, 12:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by hotprowl
I was just checking Quadratec and found these:

Quadratec Exclusive K-6.5CFG15 - Kicker Factory Replacement Overhead Sound Bar Speaker Kit for 15-16 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

MOPAR 77KICK10 - MOPAR® Kicker Audio Speaker Upgrade for 05-16 Jeep® Wrangler JK, Unlimited JK, Liberty & Grand Cherokee - Quadratec

Just curious what's the difference? They're both 6.5" and both direct replacement?? Only difference I see is speakers look a little different and $55 more for the soundbar ones. Maybe I'm missing something..
My understanding is that these speakers were made with the same plug that the factory speakers have. I just purchased these myself but haven't installed. Planning to stuff the sound bar with filament when I do. I watched a video on YouTube on this install and looks very easy.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rustyfan15
My understanding is that these speakers were made with the same plug that the factory speakers have. I just purchased these myself but haven't installed. Planning to stuff the sound bar with filament when I do. I watched a video on YouTube on this install and looks very easy.
I'm getting the same answer from Quadratec.

Here's what I ordered:

77KICK25AB - for the dash & sound bar

77KICK10 - Front lower dash

14133.3002 - For the Sound bar

BTA10250D - 10" powered Bazooka tube for the rear instead of the stock subwoofer
Old 02-09-2016, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Default Kickers all-around...

Here is what I just installed into my '07 JKU...came with the correct mounting hardware and after stuffing the overhead with poli-fill, they sound amazing. The dash components tweeters fit into the 'headstone' housing perfectly, if you turn the mounting ring around...figured that out by accident. All driven by a 5-channel Alpine amp (Alpine MRX-V60) and also drives a 10" sub in a sealed box that fits snug against the back seats. All this was gotten from Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro Audio, 4k TV.

Dash
Kicker 40CSS654 6-1/2" Component Speakers - $129

Soundbar
Kicker 41DSC654 6-1/2" 2-way Speakers - $59

Head unit - I really skimped on this, but it works...GPS/Satellite/DVD/USB - $350
Jensen VX7020 Navigation Receiver

Best of luck...
Old 02-12-2016, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

Success! Everything fit perfectly and the sound is 100% better. Top dash tweaters super simple, lower dash speakers a little more involved, but pretty simple just more bolts to remove and on the driver side, I didn't have to undo half the dash like the instructions say, the speaker box came right out after removing the panel below the steering column and removing the same bolts as the passenger side, and the sound bar is super simple to change too.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

I'm researching upgrading my stock base speakers. I have 2 questions for you hotprowl.
1. If you put a coax in the sound bar, did you leave the stock tweeter in it? I haven't seen any info discussing removing them.

2. I've heard a lot of polyfill talk. Did you add that to your speakers? I never heard of it and don't know what it does. Maybe add to bass, but I'm not looking for room shaking bass.

Thanks.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jgervasi
I'm researching upgrading my stock base speakers. I have 2 questions for you hotprowl.
1. If you put a coax in the sound bar, did you leave the stock tweeter in it? I haven't seen any info discussing removing them.

2. I've heard a lot of polyfill talk. Did you add that to your speakers? I never heard of it and don't know what it does. Maybe add to bass, but I'm not looking for room shaking bass.

Thanks.
From what I remember it's just a 2 way speaker. I don't remember changing a tweeter separately. And if so, then I probably left the stock one in the sound bar.

Did not do the polyfill and it sounds better than fine. I added a 10" powered bazooka tube in the rear.

Quick Reply: 2015 Altitude speakers