Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

6disc mech comm error?

Old 12-31-2008, 07:15 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 6disc mech comm error?

I bought a 6disc HU from another member here. I hooked it up, and it powers on fine, Fm works, sirius works, but the 6 disc changer starts making some racket then sounds like its spuddeirng..maybe something is stuck? It came up once and said mech error

I power cycled the jeep and now it does the same thing but I saw it also say mech comm error.

Does this sound like a canbus problem or did I get a broke HU?
Old 01-01-2009, 02:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMac4
I bought a 6disc HU from another member here. I hooked it up, and it powers on fine, Fm works, sirius works, but the 6 disc changer starts making some racket then sounds like its spuddeirng..maybe something is stuck? It came up once and said mech error

I power cycled the jeep and now it does the same thing but I saw it also say mech comm error.

Does this sound like a canbus problem or did I get a broke HU?
I had a similar problem when I bought mine ( also used). Check this thread, I posted some pics of the fix.
Hope this help.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/6-cd-radio-unit-installed-not-working-52369/
Old 01-01-2009, 05:40 AM
JK Jedi

Hmmm...thanks for the link. I'm thinking the guy who sent it didn't lock it for transportation, which is why its scrwed. I'll take the cover off and see if I'm having the same problem as you. Mine won't even take a disc in though.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Freak

Hmmm...thanks for the link. I'm thinking the guy who sent it didn't lock it for transportation, which is why its scrwed. I'll take the cover off and see if I'm having the same problem as you. Mine won't even take a disc in though.
mine didn't take a disc in, the guy who sent it didn't lock it, so it might be the same problem, if so, it's an easy fix. Let me know if you need more info.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:28 PM
JK Jedi

well just so you know - I took the damn thing nearly completely apart, and your problem was not my problem. the arm was not hung like yours was. I couldn't find what was broken, but something was broken because I finally found the piece. It had been rattling around since I got it, but I didn't think too much of it since these things sometimes have little parts that will rattle slightly. It appears something was broken - not sure if it was from transit or I just got a bad seller. He's on the board, so I'll be contacting him.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

good luck with the seller, if you need a single CD unit I got one really cheap!! guarantee to work!!
Old 01-01-2009, 05:44 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by blackjkrubi
good luck with the seller, if you need a single CD unit I got one really cheap!! guarantee to work!!
if it has sirius, pm me...

Trending Topics

Old 01-02-2009, 02:17 AM
JK Freak

if it has sirius, pm me...
no sirius, sorry
Old 01-02-2009, 05:50 AM
JK Jedi

Thanks anyway - there is another user with a single disc with sirius I'm working out something with hopefully.

I've been in contact with the seller - and I'm assuming this was a USPS damage in transit problem. Unfortunately, I don't see myself getting anything from anyone. Guess I'm just out 175.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:52 AM
JK Jedi

I wish I could warranty it, but its not original equipment so that won't work. Who knows...

Quick Reply: 6disc mech comm error?