Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

DDM Tuning HID kit...Do I need these optional parts???

Old 10-26-2010, 10:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DDM Tuning HID kit...Do I need these optional parts???

I was looking at the DDM HID kit...

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

I am pretty much set on the 35w H13 5000k...

but what I am wondering is if anyone else has ordered this kit and actually required the HID harness, Error Eliminator, and Adapter cables.

These are optional parts, but does anyone know if we need them for our JK's, and please explain what they do...

Thanks!

Last edited by Robar; 10-27-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST CLICKABLE NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 10-27-2010, 12:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think all you need is the hid harness. *whispers* ud be happier with the 55w hi/low 5k ;-).
Old 10-27-2010, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PocketWatts
I think all you need is the hid harness. *whispers* ud be happier with the 55w hi/low 5k ;-).

Ok so I'll get the HID harness for sure, but I am still not sure about the other stuff.

Worst case scenario I guess I can always order those parts later if I realize I need them when I am doing the install.

And ya I think I might go with the 55w for 10 bucks more. Might as well...
Old 10-27-2010, 09:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would definitely get the harness. The bulb out eliminators will eliminate the buzzing on the low beam, but you would still have to do the capacitor trick for the high beam.

I run the DDM harness with a susquehanna harness that was left over from my H4 conversion. And trust me, the 5000k in 35w is more than enough. 55w would probably burn out and blind everyone.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For a '09 you don't need the Error Code Eliminators. The good thing about DDM is that if you order a kit and later realize you need the Error Eliminator, they will let your order it and ship it to you seperately.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vernnz
For a '09 you don't need the Error Code Eliminators. The good thing about DDM is that if you order a kit and later realize you need the Error Eliminator, they will let your order it and ship it to you seperately.
What about the 2008 X? And I am talking about headlights... in case there is a difference between headlights and foglights setups. I am getting the HID harness, but do I need the error eliminator?
Old 10-28-2010, 09:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by zippyd8

What about the 2008 X? And I am talking about headlights... in case there is a difference between headlights and foglights setups. I am getting the HID harness, but do I need the error eliminator?
I bought the error eliminators and didn't need them for the headlights. No buzzing with my 08' X here.

One issue I did read and have encountered is that sometimes when I turn them on only 1 light comes on. So I just turn them off and back on right away and they both power up. Still clueless of why it does this. But it's only happened 3 times in 2 months.

Lastly make sure to use the how-to on adjusting your headlights mine were a tad high and I got flashed 4 times in a 5 min quick test fun.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beantownblue
I bought the error eliminators and didn't need them for the headlights. No buzzing with my 08' X here.

One issue I did read and have encountered is that sometimes when I turn them on only 1 light comes on. So I just turn them off and back on right away and they both power up. Still clueless of why it does this. But it's only happened 3 times in 2 months.

Lastly make sure to use the how-to on adjusting your headlights mine were a tad high and I got flashed 4 times in a 5 min quick test fun.
Ok thanks for the info... it is reassuring to hear that from someone with the same year and model just in case they changed stuff through the years. So I am going to order the kit plus the HID harness. and that should be it!
Old 10-29-2010, 02:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by zippyd8
Ok thanks for the info... it is reassuring to hear that from someone with the same year and model just in case they changed stuff through the years. So I am going to order the kit plus the HID harness. and that should be it!
The H13 Hi/Lo's come with a wiring harness of some sort. Is the separate HID harness needed in addition to the included one?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2010, 10:52 PM
JK Freak

Ya it's pretty confusing straight outta the box. Search YouTube for a ddm hi/lo kit install. After watching it was simple as can be.

Quick Reply: DDM Tuning HID kit...Do I need these optional parts???