Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Go Pro Camera Bolt on mount

Old 10-12-2014, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Go Pro Camera Bolt on mount

Hey guys have anyone else seen these? Looks like a really cool way to mount your go pro. I am going to order one.

Jeep Wrangler JK Go Pro Camera Mount A Pillar Bolt on Fog Lamps Body Armor | eBay
Old 10-13-2014, 06:01 AM
JK Newbie

looks like an awesome mount. make sure to post pics when you get it in.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Meh! One mud splash while wheeling, and the rest of your wheeling video will look like you were taping brown poo.............
Old 10-13-2014, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's cool looking, but I don't think it's worth $60. I can get the same shot with the flat sticky mount that comes with the camera right next to the little speaker on the dash.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisLe
Meh! One mud splash while wheeling, and the rest of your wheeling video will look like you were taping brown poo.............
lol...true. Or a brush with some brush and you could be recording sky or dirt. I prefer inboard mounts like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	outback engineering.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	579777
Old 10-13-2014, 04:23 PM
-

I won a contest for using a panavise in the most creative means possible.. Mind you the panavise is a heavy metal but small vise that has two bases.. One being a suction cup.. I've done several videos in the past using this method.. Panavise took notices and declared my created way the most creative.. They sent me a car camera mount which is lighter and still have the suction cup.. I've yet to actually use this on the jeep while on trails.. so having a system that is mounted and not suck on, will offer a better choice when creating videos..

But there is a side note to this.. I was viewing a photography forums.. where they guy was using his iPhone sandwiched in the sun visor to capture his trail video.. I was amazed.. the jeep bounced around like crazy, but the iphone with it's internal stabilization kept the camera steady.. So if given a choice to use the GoPro or an iPhone.. I'll choose the iPhone.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:28 PM
JK Newbie

I thought being solid billet that $60 was not bad to not worry about losing a $400 camera off the side of my jeep with a suction cup or sticky tape mount. I will post some pics this week. I have seen one on a Jeep in Florida and what I liked about it what you can reach it easy from the drivers seat and clean it off or change the angle. I emailed the company and they are working on some more exterior angles and interior angles. They have a license plate mount that is pretty cool and this socket that fits over the thumb screw to tighten down the screw nice and snug.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:54 AM
JK Junkie

I have a sticky mount on my front windshield. Works fine.

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Old 10-14-2014, 03:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like others said, why expose a GoPro to mud or branches, when a few inches to the right, behind the windscreen, it's protected?
Check the variety of RAM Mounts, for instance. They offer just about every conceivable way of attachment.
RAM Mounts allow aiming a ProGo to any direction, while what you found on ebay can only be aimed up or down.

Last edited by GJeep; 10-14-2014 at 03:15 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:10 AM
-

Reference video as directed by my comments above.

Note: One may need to turn down the volume before viewing.. unless country music is your thing.

Quick Reply: Go Pro Camera Bolt on mount