Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Help with in cab winch control for Superwinch. Schematic inside.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with in cab winch control for Superwinch. Schematic inside.

How would I go about wiring a dash mounted winch control switch using this schematic:

I'm growing fond of the interior winch control. I've searched on Google and have came accross other schematics for Warn winches, but they seem to be different from the Superwinch schematic. I'm just not sure where I'll be connecting the actual switch to the motor.

Maybe someone can draw out a simple line diagram that I can follow, that'll be great.

Thanks.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:26 PM
JK Junkie

No input from anyone??
Old 11-16-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Somthing seems to be missing from that diagram.

You will need a momentary type SPDT switch. It would be connected to your solenoid box via the plug in cable port. You will NOT be connecting it to the motor directly as the amperage would be enough to burn up all switches.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:48 AM
JK Freak

I haven't done it yet but what i'm thinking about doing is just running my remote into the cab and using the buttons off my remote and mounting them in my dash. but would need to put an on/off switch on the power lead so you don't hit the button by mistake and tear something up. plus this way you could get a 2nd remote and still be able to plug in and winch from outside the jeep. Like i said i haven't done this yet but if i get around to doing it anytime soon i'll post how it turns out.

Quick Reply: Help with in cab winch control for Superwinch. Schematic inside.