Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Stock Single Disk Head Unit ?

Old 11-19-2008, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Single Disk Head Unit ?

Does anybody know the pinout for the factory single cd non satellite radio? I replaced it a few weeks ago and then realized that I left a cd in it . I'd like to get the cd out without having to yank the dash apart so if anyone knows the pinout I can just use the jump pak to turn on the radio and get the disk out.

Thank in advance
Old 11-20-2008, 09:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm not 100% sure but normaly black is 12 volt negative and red is 12 volt positive. However, that may just supply power to the memory. The switched accessorie may be yellow or orange but I can't remember. Most car audio color codes are universal now. You may be able to call you local car audio store and just ask them?
Old 11-20-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes. You'll find it here:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/factory-hu-pin-diagram-7771/
Old 11-20-2008, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Thanks for the help
Old 11-20-2008, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
I'm not 100% sure but normaly black is 12 volt negative and red is 12 volt positive. However, that may just supply power to the memory. The switched accessorie may be yellow or orange but I can't remember. Most car audio color codes are universal now. You may be able to call you local car audio store and just ask them?
Yeah i think the colors are standard but the problem is I already had the unit out and everything sealed back up so I was hoping to figure out what was what without seeing the actual harness.

Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: Stock Single Disk Head Unit ?