Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JK Front Turn Signal clips

Old 01-04-2017, 04:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Front Turn Signal clips

I believe I just made the easiest DIY project as hard as possible. My son bought me a grille insert for Christmas which we installed no problem. However, in removing the wiring harnesses from the front signal lights, I must have inadvertently screwed up the clips that plug in to the light unit, specifically the tab you must push down to release and re-apply the sliding red tab. Now my harness does not stay secure during travel causing my front signals to go out. While I don't think I truly broke the tabs (no parts are missing or appear cracked), the pin set up for the push tabs is now out of place. If anybody as had this same problem or can share a video or picture of how to reassemble the tab I'd love to hear from you.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had something similar happen to me; the little tooth that lols the harness in chipped off and now slides off. You can buy a spare harness but have to cut and connect new wires. I solved it by simply using zip ties lol. One day I'll reword it though.

Quick Reply: JK Front Turn Signal clips