Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

JW Speaker issues. Need opinions please!

Old 07-11-2015, 07:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JW Speaker issues. Need opinions please!

Hey all, so I have the newest version of the JW Speaker LED headlights on my Jeep. I immediately noticed a difference in the light beams between the left and right lights. These are universal 7" lights, so they should be identical, correct?

Here is a picture of what I mean. The left one is more square, where the right one is shaped differently. On the road, the left light produces a very noticeable "box" of light, almost like a spot light on the road. Right is a faded line of light.

When sent to Northridge 4X4, and forwarded to JW Speaker, no one seems to see a difference/problem. I do, it's obvious, so is there any way some other guys with the new JWS lights post a similar pic so I can see what others beams look like?

Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7429_zps7jrhte8m.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	617476
Old 07-11-2015, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not familiar with jw speaker lights output but I wonder if your passenger side light is meant for your driver's side and has an angled cutoff to not blind on coming drivers like most hid kits do.
Not sure but just a thought
Old 07-11-2015, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

They are just standard round lights though. I've heard people could use these as single lights on motorcycles and stuff, so I do not believe they are side specific. They shipped in individual boxes, and had no indication that they were side specific. I originally thought the same though.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

They are not right side or left side. The blob/spot of light is normal. That is why I went with truck lites, more even lighting and the high beams in the TLs are better. The notch taken out of the other side seems to be a faulty light some how. Send it back and get a replacement.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Kojack
They are not right side or left side. The blob/spot of light is normal. That is why I went with truck lites, more even lighting and the high beams in the TLs are better. The notch taken out of the other side seems to be a faulty light some how. Send it back and get a replacement.
I went with the TruckLites from the get go. I love them and urge everyone to buy them. 👽
Old 07-12-2015, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kojack
I also believe the right side light it faulty, but JW Speaker doesn't seem to see a difference. Frustrating when you spend this much money on a product only to have poor customer service.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure what the issue is? From the pic of your light pattern you're showing, it looks like it's supposed to. The box of light disperses while in real use on a road. Shining them on the wall from one foot away is not the best way to do it. Move back 30' and try it again.
The high beams do have a large rectangle of light in the center (best place it could be), and it works great if you haven't seen it in use while driving.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Chefbrujo
Not sure what the issue is? From the pic of your light pattern you're showing, it looks like it's supposed to. The box of light disperses while in real use on a road. Shining them on the wall from one foot away is not the best way to do it. Move back 30' and try it again.
The high beams do have a large rectangle of light in the center (best place it could be), and it works great if you haven't seen it in use while driving.
How can you say they look the way they are supposed to when they are identical lights with NON-identical light patterns? There is clearly a difference between the two beams. I know to aim the lights, I need to be back 30 feet, but I was trying to show, up close, that there is a difference in light pattern between two lights.

Also, the large rectangle of light in the center that is supposed to disperse, doesn't, and I feel like I have a spot light on the road. They are aimed the same, at the correct height, but the two lights put out completely different beams. The high beam pattern looks identical between the two lights.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

It looks pretty identical to me. Are you referring to the box on the right? With my set, i have a large rectangle of light that does not disperse in the middle of my view but that's only with high beams. Low beams for me spread out nice and have a crisp cut off point. Looking at a wall i have the two boxes also and they both have tiny little slivers of light coming out from the top of the box. The slivers angle to the right. I only see this on a wall however, can't see it while driving. From what you said it sounds like the box you're seeing is what I see with my high beams on. I will say that when making the switch from convential lights to led it was a drastic difference for me. Took a while to get used to it. Mostly the very definite cut off point for the beam.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:51 PM
JK Freak

And sorry yes, I do see there is a difference in the light boxes. I was just thinking from the point of view that it looks like it would be something that would be imperceptible when driving in real world conditions. If you have issues with it while driving then ya, escalate it and get a replacement.

Quick Reply: JW Speaker issues. Need opinions please!