Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

KC LED Headlights - Who has them?

Old 10-22-2014, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC LED Headlights - Who has them?

If you have these, PLEASE chime in.
Let me know if your KC LED Headlights have any markings around the outside of your lens. I just got mine and it looks like it has smeared glue residue between the lens and the housing. I'm curious if this is normal.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just bought them last week and do not have any of the glue like yours however they do not fit flush in the plastic housing because of the tabs on the back of the headlight. Also you will need to order the new horizontal adjustment screws to get them right. You will see a few new threads on this. I will probably end up grinding down the tabs on the back of the light to get them to fit flush.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

pyr1t;
You have this question in so many threads I am having trouble keeping up with them all.
So I checked mine out good and NO I do not have any places of glue that I can see. Now my question is have you mounted them up yet?
The reason I ask is that if the glue is only around the edges of the lens, then you do realize that once they are mounted up that you only can see a half inch wide by like 3 inches long at the very top if you are looking down from the top. The grill covers the rest of the light all around.

challenger392;
Please be sure you have the correct lights for your Jeep. My KC's had 3 tabs that lined up with three little cut outs in the plastic rings that stay attached to you Jeep.
You have to kind of twist the light slightly back and forth and it will kind of click into the cutouts. It will not stay like this until you put on you metal hold down ring and attach the screws. This metal ring should line up good and when installed correctly it will not leave a lot of distance for hold down screws to run down. They are like what a half inch long?
However you should NOT have to grind anything off or make any kind of alterations to the KC's or the Jeep.

The Horz. adjustment screw mod. is highly recommended.

I hope this helps. Feel free to either post up or PM me if I can help you any other questions about these.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK challenger392 here is a photo from pyr1t showing the back of his KC's note how there are three little tabs around the edges? These little tabs are the rectangles in the middle of the two half moon shaped things on either side of the tab. These will fit into the corresponding cut outs in your Jeeps plastic ring. It is a subtle click in.
The metal trim ring does fit real tight onto the KC's so I put the light into the plastic ring and them held it with one hand and slipped the metal hold down ring on and lined it up, started all my screws, then checked again that the light was in those little cut outs, before tightening down the screws.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KCs back.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	581316
Old 10-24-2014, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes mine look exactly like those! However as dumb as this sounds the two tabs on the light are rounded and the female end in the housing is rectangle. So it's like putting a square in a round hole!! It will not seat down in no matter how much I force it. I can get the ring on and the lights are tight but the round tabs are still outside of the housing hitting the lip. I'll take some pics tonight when I get home.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

So I did save the boxes.
The correct ones for the Jeep JK are 42321.

On the back they should look just like the above photo.
If not I would return or exchange.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Exact ones I have as well. Not sure why they don't fit right but I know several other forum members have had the same problem.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tree Frog
pyr1t;
You have this question in so many threads I am having trouble keeping up with them all.
So I checked mine out good and NO I do not have any places of glue that I can see. Now my question is have you mounted them up yet?
The reason I ask is that if the glue is only around the edges of the lens, then you do realize that once they are mounted up that you only can see a half inch wide by like 3 inches long at the very top if you are looking down from the top. The grill covers the rest of the light all around.

challenger392;
Please be sure you have the correct lights for your Jeep. My KC's had 3 tabs that lined up with three little cut outs in the plastic rings that stay attached to you Jeep.
You have to kind of twist the light slightly back and forth and it will kind of click into the cutouts. It will not stay like this until you put on you metal hold down ring and attach the screws. This metal ring should line up good and when installed correctly it will not leave a lot of distance for hold down screws to run down. They are like what a half inch long?
However you should NOT have to grind anything off or make any kind of alterations to the KC's or the Jeep.

The Horz. adjustment screw mod. is highly recommended.

I hope this helps. Feel free to either post up or PM me if I can help you any other questions about these.
Thanks for the info! Yeah, I took those pics while they were installed. And you're right, those tabs on the back of the light fit right into the spaces on the headlight bracket. I had no issues with any of that. When they were installed I could see the glue really good on the top edge of the lens. It looked pretty ugly. I ended up returning them and should have a replacement coming to me very soon. I'm not 100% satisfied with the beam pattern, but they do look better when compared to the Truck Lites. Hopefully the next set look better. I'll post updated pics when they come in.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well good luck on your new set. I agree with you for this much money they should come in a velvet lined box, not scratched and with glue showing.
Wanna bet where they are made? Please dont tell me I dont even want to know.

I wonder what the deal is with yours Challenger ? Possible wrong part, wrong box kinda thing?
Old 10-24-2014, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well the part number is the same and they look exactly like the ones in the pic. Maybe made on a Friday. Dunno but frustrating nonetheless. And I can't get my grill off because of the LED light bar and winch so it a real PITA.

Quick Reply: KC LED Headlights - Who has them?