Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

LED taillights and clicking sound

Old 01-16-2015, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LED taillights and clicking sound

Hi guy's just installed some LED taillights their awesome, got them off ebay, they work GREAT and as they should, now I just have a click sound under the dash when I apply the brake pedal, normal ? or could it be a relay or something ?..thanks in advance
Old 01-17-2015, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't have answer but I am in market for rear tails. That are not 500 bucks.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Did you do any work under the dash? Add a relay?

There should be no reason for a click noise under the dash, if you just swapped out the old tail lights for LED tail lights.

As far as LED tail lights I purchased the Rugged Ridge Price was about $280 shipped. It was the only company offering 5 year warrenty. Its been 7 months and they are still functional and no water or water vapor.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Enzo
Did you do any work under the dash? Add a relay?

There should be no reason for a click noise under the dash, if you just swapped out the old tail lights for LED tail lights.

As far as LED tail lights I purchased the Rugged Ridge Price was about $280 shipped. It was the only company offering 5 year warrenty. Its been 7 months and they are still functional and no water or water vapor.
NO no work done in the dash, it only happens when it's in park, not drive or reverse, weird, the lights were $200 with the shipping, they function great just that click in park
Old 01-18-2015, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have an Automatic. The clicking sound you are hearing is the switch that goes to your gearshift. The safety feature that won't let you shift unless you apply the brake. Mine does it. Most of the time I don't notice it unless it's quite
Old 01-18-2015, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put your hand right by the base of the gearshift and apply the brakes. You can feel the clicking sound.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cfitz22
Put your hand right by the base of the gearshift and apply the brakes. You can feel the clicking sound.
ok thanks, I'll try it
Old 01-18-2015, 04:44 PM
JK Jedi

Yeah same thing happened to me it scared me right after I had to slam my breaks super hard on the freeway because this lady cut me off I scared her after but after that I heard that sound and I thought it had to do with me slamming my breaks. Until I took the whole center console apart and couldn't find anything wrong!

Quick Reply: LED taillights and clicking sound