Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Mopar remote start without power locks windows

Old 01-17-2010, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mopar remote start without power locks windows

Could I add the Mopar Remote Start without power locks and power windows?
This on the Mopar website:
Item Number # 82211437AD remote start, One Way

Mopar has a fully integrated, OEM tested remote start system that allows you to start your vehicle from as far away as 800 feet with just the push of a button. Imagine starting and warming your vehicle from your place of work or home on cold winter days, or cooling the same vehicle on hot summer days. Mopar`s Remote Start system is designed to work with your Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicle and interface seamlessly with your vehicle`s electronic, security key. Dealer Scan Tool required for activation.

Upgrade your vehicle to the same components as a factory remote start with the same integrated keys as production Must have one of these: GXW or GXX And Must have GXM

I know an auto trans is needed, but what about power locks? What are GXW, GXX, and GXM? Are these codes for the power packages?

Last edited by Waiting; 01-17-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Yes, those are the codes for the power packages. Needs to have power locks for it to work.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just read, somewhere on here, that there are two Mopar remote starts. One for JKs with power windows and locks, and one for JKs without power.
The Mopar website list two remote starts, but they have the same ID and description
I bet if I go to the dealership and ask, they will just guess. They woulld likely say "Na, we can't do it without power locks", or "Sure, we can do the install without power locks", without having any certain answer.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just emailed the service dept of a local dealer about this. Let's hope I get a response.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

The dealer closed for the day, and I got no response.
I also emailed the sales dept about purchasing a JK, and, still got no response. Go 'figr
Old 02-28-2015, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

What was the outcome of this? I'm wondering the same thing!

Quick Reply: Mopar remote start without power locks windows