Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Moveable Post Mount Spot Light Installation

Old 10-16-2012, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moveable Post Mount Spot Light Installation

A few guys were talking about if this was possible or not, and I have always wanted to do it myself, so I gave it a go ahead and decided to drill 1/2" hole through my 4 month old 2012 JK A Pillar :-/ . It was scary, but it came out quite nice. If you guys got any questions, ask them here. I took several pictures but the directions are pretty straight forward and this makes to a nice addition to any jeep... esp the JK! Just like the ones on cop cars, you can pick these up anywhere used, got mine on the bay.

Check out the youTUBE video here..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5beWXW0zrk

Old 10-18-2012, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it seem to stick into the inside to far? Looks close to windshield. ? ? ?
Old 10-18-2012, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

You can get them slightly shorter, but it's perfect for me, doesn't hit anything inside like the dash or windows. And you can easily use it like this without feeling like your reaching to far.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:10 PM
JK Newbie

Love the idea, looks a little close to the dash and steering wheel though. If so the passenger side would be a solution, the cab of a Jeep is narrow enough to just reach over. I don't know why anyone would want fixed window frame mounted lights that seem popular.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks awesome but I couldn't bring myself to do something so permanent. I would rather get the mounts.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EdsJunk
You can get them slightly shorter, but it's perfect for me, doesn't hit anything inside like the dash or windows. And you can easily use it like this without feeling like your reaching to far.
I am really liking this but have never operated one. Could you leave it pointing forward all the time so it looks like a bracket mounted KC light? Or would it move on bumps, wind etc?
Old 10-23-2012, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

No it stays in place where ever you put it.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Looks Great where did you pick up that unit??
Old 10-23-2012, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got mine used on eBay. Paid like 60 I think.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by EdsJunk
A few guys were talking about if this was possible or not, and I have always wanted to do it myself, so I gave it a go ahead and decided to drill 1/2" hole through my 4 month old 2012 JK A Pillar :-/ . It was scary, but it came out quite nice. If you guys got any questions, ask them here. I took several pictures but the directions are pretty straight forward and this makes to a nice addition to any jeep... esp the JK! Just like the ones on cop cars, you can pick these up anywhere used, got mine on the bay.

Check out the youTUBE video here..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5beWXW0zrk

I really want to do something like this, but I want a square LED spotlight there. I just don't like the look of the round ones. It's easier to just mount those lights on the pillar, but I want to be able to move them off to the side. Would I be able to find one of these handles without the light anywhere? I've already looked and can't find anything, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there. Should I get this handle for that or just losen it anytime I want to move it? Lol.

Quick Reply: Moveable Post Mount Spot Light Installation