Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Power Window Issue

Old 01-17-2017, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Looking at the wiring diagrams, the window circuits are not controlled by the TIPM, other than getting power through the RUN-ACCESSORY relay and circuit breaker C-1 in the fuse box.
If there is a chip involved, it will be in the switch module in the dash.

There is a switch that cuts out the rear window switches. Have you cut out the rear switches to see how it behaves when you start the engine?
Thanks so much for all the advice. I will try that and get back. Thanks again
Old 01-17-2017, 08:06 AM
JK Newbie

Looking at the wiring diagrams, the window circuits are not controlled by the TIPM, other than getting power through the RUN-ACCESSORY relay and circuit breaker C-1 in the fuse box.
If there is a chip involved, it will be in the switch module in the dash.

There is a switch that cuts out the rear window switches. Have you cut out the rear switches to see how it behaves when you start the engine?
Hi ronjenx, i just checked the rear window cutout switch. I get no change with the rear windows when I lock them out or not. Both rear windows go all the way down.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:39 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by blackhand
Hi ronjenx, i just checked the rear window cutout switch. I get no change with the rear windows when I lock them out or not. Both rear windows go all the way down.
Now it's both rear windows that go down when you start the engine?
Old 01-17-2017, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Now it's both rear windows that go down when you start the engine?
No, the child lock is not working at all on the rear windows. The windows did not go down when I started the engine. So I am thinking a loose connector or bad switch module

Quick Reply: Power Window Issue