Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

so here is an odd one...

Old 11-09-2014, 08:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tazzdogsocal
I have the daystar dashtop ,holds the phone good ,
true the temp first thing reads right, but how long dose it take to change when you start to move ( windchill ) ,
mine takes about 3 min. just saying .
On another note, once the thermometer has reached the same temperature as the ambient environment, it cannot lose anymore heat so it is not affected by windchill. We can as we are moist, Jeep can't.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Remember reading about this awhile back. Length of time -> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...1/#post2353113
Sweet, thanks that didn't pop up when I was looking, thanks for the input guys, I'll try getting up to speed next time it locks, maybe I never get up to 30+ for long enough
Old 11-10-2014, 08:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by stagedtrip
Sweet, thanks that didn't pop up when I was looking, thanks for the input guys, I'll try getting up to speed next time it locks, maybe I never get up to 30+ for long enough
No worries! I forget what I searched but when I read your post it was like an epiphany of the correct keywords to drum that thing up on google lol.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've heard, & experienced, that while in 4 low, the outside temp won't change on the EVIC
Old 11-17-2014, 12:12 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Fiveofun
I've heard, & experienced, that while in 4 low, the outside temp won't change on the EVIC
It's not tied to 4-Lo. It's tied to vehicle speed and how long the vehicle has been turned off. Check out the linked post earlier up in the thread. But, of course, those with Rubi's wouldn't be able to get the gauge to read in 4-Lo since they can't get going sufficiently fast, can they? ;-) But, you'll get the same results in 4-Hi or even 2WD if you hold your speed slow enough.

Quick Reply: so here is an odd one...