Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Where to pickup a dimming dash light wire for my new switch's?

Old 06-12-2014, 10:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to pickup a dimming dash light wire for my new switch's?

I purchased an LED light bar and the Daystart LED switchs / lower panel cluster goes below the stock buttons at the bottom in front of the transfer case lever. I want to pick up a Dimming dash light wire for my back lit switches. I pulled out the handy old school test light and tested each plug contact for the stock panel where sawbar/lockers buttons are. None would light up when I tested each one with the headlights on. One wire I touched shut my dash lights off on the stock radio. Is there a good place to get the dash lights off of? I guess I can pull a wire all the way to the fuse box if needed I hate to do that.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have power windows you can tap into the Orange wire with a Gray stripe behind the window switch module. Just pop the module out and you'll see the harness that goes to it.

Note: There will be 2 wires that are Orange with Gray stripe. Tap into the smaller wire.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Mike
If you have power windows you can tap into the Orange wire with a Gray stripe behind the window switch module. Just pop the module out and you'll see the harness that goes to it.

Note: There will be 2 wires that are Orange with Gray stripe. Tap into the smaller wire.
Cool yes I do have power windows that saves me a lot of time.

Quick Reply: Where to pickup a dimming dash light wire for my new switch's?