Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Help With Build

Old 06-22-2015, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Build

Ok, so I have an idea of what I want my Jeep to look like when it's finished. What I would like some assistance with is recommendations of parts that will make this complete. ie. I don't know diddly about gears and such but know I want a 4" lift with 35's. So help with that kind of stuff would be Awesome.
Realized I don't need a 4" lift :(
Here is a list of items that I am looking to add to it. (Some I already know the name and others I haven't decided or know which one to pick or if they will fit)

Starting with this:

• Front bumper: AEV JK Premium Front Bumper
  • Rear bumper: AEV JK Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier
  • Winch: Warn 9.5cti Winch
  • Updated LIFT KIT- Zone 3" Lift Kit
  • Wheels: XD801 Crank 17x9 - Matte Black Wheels - 5
  • Tires: Nitto - 35x12.50R17LT, Trai​l Grap​pler thanks @mds22 for talking me out of 37"
  • Body Armour: Barricade Rock Sliders (07-15 Wrangler JK 2 Door)
  • Body Armour: M.O.R.E. Oil/Transmission Skid Plate
  • Accessories: Superchips FlashCal Programmer
  • Accessories: ORACLE Lighting 5741-001 - Oracle Off-Road LED Lighting 5"
  • Accessories: ORACLE Lighting 5745-001 - Oracle Off-Road LED Lighting 20"
  • Accessories: CB Radio and Firestik (Completed)
  • Accessories: Bussman fuse/relay (purchased, not installed)
  • Accessories: Rugged Ridge Switch Pod (purchased, not installed)

That's all I can think of at the time. Haha this is going to put a hurting on my wallet but I heard that you have to pay to play and I see some rocks I want to chew up!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JimpsJK.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	479.9 KB
ID:	615624  

Last edited by jimps; 06-27-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

37s on your D30 is not recommended. But 35s (like you originally stated) will be ok (maybe) with some C-gussets. 37s I can see the 4", but with 35s why so much lift? a lot more to buy when you get over 3" or decide to go to 37s
Old 06-22-2015, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mds22
37s on your D30 is not recommended. But 35s (like you originally stated) will be ok (maybe) with some C-gussets. 37s I can see the 4", but with 35s why so much lift? a lot more to buy when you get over 3" or decide to go to 37s
Thanks for the help, I'll stay away from 37's.

I saw a youtube video for the old man emu's from the ARB website and I thought it was a 4" kit and I would love for my vehicle to be able go through the same type of obstacles. Also, I was originally looking at 18" rims but a handful of guys said go 17" to get more rubber. That's why I went that route.

I seen many lift kits that range from $299 up to $3k. My problem is I don't know exactly what to look for as I do want to do some off roading and would like a good highway ride too since this is my everyday rider. That OME kit seemed to have all the bells and whistles.

I will use this site to my advantage and read up more on what all entails with the lift kit since I don't want to buy something and then realize I'm missing X. (i.e spacers, steering stabilizer)
Old 06-22-2015, 04:08 PM
JK Freak

Lockers, gears, and tires are the most important for off road, not the size of your lift. Over 3 or 3.5 inches it is going to drive/handle like shit unless you some coin dialing in the caster, flipping the drag link, etc. plus you will need a new drive shaft
I would look at 3" EVO enforcer and rancho adjustable shocks with 35s. Nothing will ride better on road as your DD, and it is great on the trails. Then look into investing in gears/lockers/driveshaft or axles depending on how hard you wheel it.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:16 PM
JK Freak

You have a 2 door so any lift you get will need at least rear upper control arms to adjust your pinion angle, something to adjust your caster such as front lowers control arms (preferably). Something to re-center your axles after you lift it( adj trackbar in the front and normally trackbar bracket in the rear.)
Old 06-22-2015, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mds22
You have a 2 door so any lift you get will need at least rear upper control arms to adjust your pinion angle, something to adjust your caster such as front lowers control arms (preferably). Something to re-center your axles after you lift it( adj trackbar in the front and normally trackbar bracket in the rear.)
you just throw some mad knowledge my way. HAHA!
I'm checking out the EVO lift now, thanks again for the help and recommendations. That 1" makes a huge difference in price too.

Last edited by jimps; 06-23-2015 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimps
you just throw some mad knowledge my way. HAHA! I'm checking out the EVO lift now, thanks again for the help and recommendations. That 1" make a huge difference in price too.
I suggest the track bar relocation bracket and drag link flip with the 3" enforcer also. It will make it drive alot better. If I recall they are not included.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

Default JKS 3.5 Complete lift Kit

I am researching other lifts.

Looking at JKS Jspec 3.5 in. JKontrol Lift Kit - it fits in my budget and I will be adding the Fox 2.0 Performance Series ATS Stabilizer to it.
From what I gather all I need left for the lift would be:
  • Synergy Rear Coil Wedges
  • Rugged Ridge Exhaust Spacer Kit

Now I just have to do some more reading about the JKS Jspec brand.

Edited: i don't have the tools needed and if i go buy the jack stands and such I probably won't use it but once.
As I post here I will also edit in the original post.

Last edited by jimps; 06-27-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

If it is dialed in correctly after the lift, the stabilizer is not needed, save yourself 300+ dollars.
If your geometry is not correct than yes it will make a big difference. I'd much rather have my steering geometry correct than a stabilizer masking my problem.
I did the same as you plan on and bought that exact stabilizer, but after I got my lift done RIGHT, it was totally unneeded. But if you really want one, I have one sitting around I'll sell you
Old 06-23-2015, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Albino Lizard
I suggest the track bar relocation bracket and drag link flip with the 3" enforcer also. It will make it drive alot better. If I recall they are not included.
my buddy doesn't have his flipped with the 3" EVO and it drives great! But his jeep is heavy, if you have an extremely light jeep you may get close to an inch more of lift than him and it may be needed, not sure.

Quick Reply: Help With Build