Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Invest2m4's broke the budget build; tons, 40s and triangles...

Old 08-03-2015, 07:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4

Yeah, not having to deal with bumps is nice. With the little bit of drive give done, they ride great. I don't have sway bars and it has virtually no lean around corners. There's some sort of magic in those tubes.
I gave a buddy a ride home yesterday and on the corner he told me he picked a penny up of the road after he let out an ooh shit when we took the corner lol my rolls a bit if i try. Whats the od on the oris?
Old 08-04-2015, 06:04 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Maertz
I gave a buddy a ride home yesterday and on the corner he told me he picked a penny up of the road after he let out an ooh shit when we took the corner lol my rolls a bit if i try. Whats the od on the oris?
Haha! Toss the sway bar back up front. No shame in that. The ORIs are about 3.25" OD. What do your coilovers run? Oh, and the shaft is 1.75".
Old 08-04-2015, 06:21 AM
JK Jedi

I think there around 3.5 on the od. I have 2.0s and my shaft is only 3/4! Mine doesn't sway to bad, but i can make it go nuts if i try and powerslide a corner lol. It's sad when my thoughts of wheeling when from comp grounds to snow piles on my curb i can flex on... Ha

Last edited by Maertz; 08-04-2015 at 06:25 AM.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been great reading And watching your jeep come together! Great job. Are you ever in the Plymouth canton area I'd love to see that beast rolling down the road!
Old 08-04-2015, 09:21 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by davids2011jk
It's been great reading And watching your jeep come together! Great job. Are you ever in the Plymouth canton area I'd love to see that beast rolling down the road!
Thanks, man. Feel free to stop by anytime. If I am not working on my Jeep, I'm usually working on someone else's Jeep. We have a local club as well. I think we are about 250 or so members now. There tends to be wheeling events once or twice a month. Stock Jeeps to built rigs, always something for everyone.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, man. Feel free to stop by anytime. If I am not working on my Jeep, I'm usually working on someone else's Jeep. We have a local club as well. I think we are about 250 or so members now. There tends to be wheeling events once or twice a month. Stock Jeeps to built rigs, always something for everyone.
That would be great, I just recently had surgery so I'm out of work for three more months, plenty of free time, if you need it I'd be more than happy to come help ya out. Where do you guys go wheeling?
Old 08-05-2015, 06:30 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by davids2011jk
That would be great, I just recently had surgery so I'm out of work for three more months, plenty of free time, if you need it I'd be more than happy to come help ya out. Where do you guys go wheeling?
In MI, we usually end up at Bundy Hill or Rocks and Valleys. R&V is much better than Bundy, but Bundy is really close. A lot of people head up to Drummond Island once or twice a year. Great wheeling, just a little more water and mud than I care for. The fun stuff starts when you leave MI. Badlands is next closest, and that is IN. After that, PA, TN, KY (my favorite areas).
Old 08-10-2015, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

In MI, we usually end up at Bundy Hill or Rocks and Valleys.
I too have been following this from the start, very interesting (and cool) build to be sure...

I'd like to get a good look at your ride in person.... post up next time your headed out to BH, I'm less than 20 miles from there

Larry K
Old 08-10-2015, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool

In MI, we usually end up at Bundy Hill or Rocks and Valleys. R&V is much better than Bundy, but Bundy is really close. A lot of people head up to Drummond Island once or twice a year. Great wheeling, just a little more water and mud than I care for. The fun stuff starts when you leave MI. Badlands is next closest, and that is IN. After that, PA, TN, KY (my favorite areas).

You working on anything this week? I'm itching to get out of the house hahah
Old 08-11-2015, 05:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by LDK59
I too have been following this from the start, very interesting (and cool) build to be sure...

I'd like to get a good look at your ride in person.... post up next time your headed out to BH, I'm less than 20 miles from there

Larry K
Will do. Should be soon.

Quick Reply: Invest2m4's broke the budget build; tons, 40s and triangles...