Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

My 2013 JKUR build

Old 10-10-2014, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2013 JKUR build

Not sure if I could call this a build as I bought it already set up this way but gonna change things to make it mine. I'm not a big fan of the AEV front bumper so that will be the first to go and replaced with a Pioson Spyder Brawler Lite. Also adding PS DIY Rico Steps to Rubicon Rock Sliders and aluminum body armor.

If I sell the wheels then I'm getting Walker Evans Beadlocks. It already has a 4" Rough Country lift with control arms that actually doesn't ride too bad, I'm used to solid axle(05 Superduty). I'm not sure what suspension I'm gonna go with yet, torn between stock/long arm. I'm new to the rock crawling thing but like to go fast in the desert, not sure if I should go King coilover or Currie springs with King shocks. I have a lot of experience rebuilding Kings, had coilovers on my rhino and now on my Superduty. I like the Savvy Offroad JK Sleeper suspension but have been reading a lot about Metalcloak arms.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:28 PM
JK Junkie

Nice Jeep and welcome to the forum!
Old 10-10-2014, 04:44 PM
ade
JK Enthusiast

Nice starting point. They the AEV pinter beadlocks? If you decide to change and want to sell them, let me know..
Old 10-10-2014, 05:01 PM
JK Junkie

I ran the AEV beadlocks on 37's for over a year and never had a problem with them.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking Jeep! Can't wait to see what you do with it!
Old 10-10-2014, 09:46 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks all, figured this could be a fun little project as money allows. The wheels are the Pinter Beadlocks, I actually don't mind the wheels but really like the Walker Evans.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

Parts are starting to show up at my doorstep. Poison Spyder aluminum body armor and I need to figure out how the Rico DIY sliders are to be mounted.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

Got a lot of parts in. I had to pull front bumper(selling anyways) and remove rear tire carrier in order for jeep to fit in my garage. Hoping to weld Artec trusses on this weekend, atleast the front and Senergy Balljoints to go with it. I'm becoming a good customer at Northridge4x4

Old 10-18-2014, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Just about finished welding my Artec truss and c-gussets in the front. I need more practice on cleaner welds but found it hard when only welding 1" at a time then trying to start again. Had to modify my bolt-on trac bar relocation bracket then weld that on too. Maybe tomorrow I'll install Senergy balljoints.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't beat yourself up too bad on the welds. The fact you're doing this yourself puts you ahead of the masses. Lookin' good so far

Quick Reply: My 2013 JKUR build