Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Some pictures of my cargo rack

Old 12-01-2014, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some pictures of my cargo rack

I just welded this up last week, i used 2x2 1/4" square tubing for the reciever hitch, 2x2 1/4" angle iron and some expanded steel for the grate. im going to weld some more angle on the top side so it has a lip to stop stuff from sliding and to cover the edges of the expanded steel.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20141126_133629.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	586382  
Old 12-01-2014, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Out of curiosity, what does that weigh? Are the cross supports completely boxed so the bottoms aren't open? Looks nicely put together and 1/4" is definitely thick enough to hold some weight. Also might look at spray liner or powder coat to clean it up but love it when people take on projects like this on their own!

Sam
Old 12-01-2014, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not sure exactly what it weighs, I would say somewhere around 100lbs, I dont really feel it until I start to stop and it just kinda bounces a little bit.

The bottom is open to allow better draining except for the last cross bar has 1 of the legs of the angle flat, Ill take a picture of the bottom after I take it back to class to finish it up, Im looking at sending it out to have it blasted and powder coated.

my welding instructor told me that I could weld up bumpers for it so im looking for plans for a winch mount bumper for the front and a heavy duty 1 for the back since I dont really have the imagination to design 1 for myself but I dont want to pay for a pre-fabed 1

Quick Reply: Some pictures of my cargo rack