Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

#2 jeep "Chaotic Assembly" weekend modfest

Old 05-10-2014, 06:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ToolManTimTaylor
My bad no I am doing a built 60. That 80 is a typo. (Albeit mast the 8k just is wicked steep. I have an 80 in my dodge that when the body falls off I will build that some day) Yes the aces are going to be for sale @ some point!
Price??????
Old 07-27-2014, 06:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Been out for a long bit. Bulged L3, :L4 disc in my back and MAN it has been killing me not to do some hard core work to the rig. HOWEVER just got back from Vacation where I lunched (Exploded) right rear totally and left bleeding fox 2.0 on the dunes. Made for a long ride back from the cape .. rebuild shock time I guess looks to be seals as the chrome on the pistons is really pitted .

Chaotic Assembly by ToolManTimTaylor, on Flickr

STILL waiting on the Currie RockJock 60 HD to show Going batnuts crazy waiting LOL. In the meantime and thanx to the wifey helping me out Bolted up a VERY SURPRISINGLY well built set of Rancho RockGear rails!

Carolina Metal Masters Grab handles with iPad , Phone mount (Ram ball) and rear set of handles.

Got a Spider webshade , and some other odds and ends that I could do while being in wicked pain. Like hog out the hole for pressure gauge and fit my Aeroforce gauge to the center of the SpOD , Got my rear Monster arms all dialed in for a sweet -1.5* pinion angle and nicely centered 37" tires in the wells under suspension compression. (Big deal for me LOL O.C.D) I gotta get a few more things so I can sleep at nite. 1: Front SS bracketry whick I KNOW I have here somewhere from JKS in my garage ... and rear spring relocation pads but rockjock is coming so gotta hold out.

Want to try a different tune on the 6.2 as it gets a little aggressive in traffic. Chasing down a funny glitch with the pedal position sensor wiring circuit , REALLY want to see if I can source up that new flex-a-lite aluminium radiator / 3600 cfm black magic fan kit being they make them for the hemi swaps but the water in/out on the 6.2 LS are differently sized than hemi so phone calls need to happen.

Dunny! Sorry I didn't see your post but yes they will be for sale locally though as shipping them looks to be a P.I.T.A. They could use a reshoot but for 250 beans I am sure no quams there.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Update: O.K RockJock 60 is fully built! Just slid in the G2 Axles after installing new backing plates , drum shoes , cross drilled rotors , calipers , hawk pads and new ABS sensors and crown braided lines . Spliced in new super flexible line for the rear ARB as my existing had a teeny pinhole leak that would cycle the compressor every 60 or so seconds.

And as A.D.D got me I finally fixed my coffee laiden o.D button It was like a laser guided 3 droplet burst shot. and of course heat of the day .... coffee glue!

If I get get the time sunday the D60 is goin' in! Just put in a new starter on the LS as the "old" LOL one cooked its solonoid and left me for dead @ work. So off to the parts store in the A.M for header flange gaskets , gear oil , off to the Beer fest then Sunday Sunday Sunday! I hope

Last edited by ToolManTimTaylor; 08-22-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

It's in! .... Just need a track bar to clear the diff. I could weld up an aft tab on the frame side , box it in all nicely nice I guess.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ToolManTimTaylor
It's in! .... Just need a track bar to clear the diff. I could weld up an aft tab on the frame side , box it in all nicely nice I guess.
we've done this on a friends jeep. We hacked up an axle side TB bracket (.25'' plate) and tied it into the stock mount. Provided just enough room to clear his diff and his truss
Old 08-30-2014, 09:52 PM
JK Super Freak

D44 Vs 60

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140824_153715_798.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	573659

Quarter on the axle shaft themselves for reference of beef LOL.

Name:	IMG_20140816_151821_559.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	573661

Droppin 44 balancing on my floor jack LOL brake lines and springs and see ya!

Name:	IMG_20140824_144220_626.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	573662

Rubicon Express Adjustable rear trackbar clears the High Pinion 60 ... But just so. I shortened it to its shortest setting and it figures the bottom hole is where the axle sits PERFECTLY center under the Jeep within 1/8" Mount it on the top hole and it shifts the axle assembly off by close to 1" driver's side.

The angle is WAY less than optimal so I may end up doing a little cut , plug , weld and shorten the track bar to get it higher on the axle side and enjoy the clearance. Still going to add a bracket though like D_engel just said.

Lower control arms on lowest hole and Uppers on Mid hole. Re adjusted both to maintain juuust about 0* inline with Driveshaft and I can say that there is certainly less axle wrap Vs the 44. Throttle response is a bit abrupt I can attest to that.

Name:	IMG_20140830_144029_228.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	573660

Last edited by ToolManTimTaylor; 08-30-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Quick Reply: #2 jeep "Chaotic Assembly" weekend modfest