Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

37" BFG KO2 Installed

Old 05-18-2015, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm starting to really love these tires as a DD. Very quiet and handle great. Ready to test them off road.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I just purchased a 2007 JKU auto sport last month, this is my first JK so I'm definitely learning as I go. It is my DD and will be on road 90% of the time. Right now my jeep is bone stock, I'm going with a 2.5" teraflex coil lift and now I need to settle on a tire. I really like the ko2, but I'm not sure whether to go with a 37 since they run small. I dont want to buy a 35 and end up with a 33. Other than going with flat fenders, can I run the 37s with this setup?

Thanks in advance guys, I'm really excited to be part of the jk family now!
Old 05-20-2015, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IndyFirefighter144
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I just purchased a 2007 JKU auto sport last month, this is my first JK so I'm definitely learning as I go. It is my DD and will be on road 90% of the time. Right now my jeep is bone stock, I'm going with a 2.5" teraflex coil lift and now I need to settle on a tire. I really like the ko2, but I'm not sure whether to go with a 37 since they run small. I dont want to buy a 35 and end up with a 33. Other than going with flat fenders, can I run the 37s with this setup? Thanks in advance guys, I'm really excited to be part of the jk family now!
I would definitely run flat fenders if possible. If not you will be severely restricted off road.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DallasJKU
Here is a good comparison. Not a huge upgrade but definitely 2". I will measure it when I get home.

Attachment 609660
That Duratrac on the right is that the 17" Tire or 16" tire? Which tire do you like better Duratrac or KO. Which one is quieter on street? I'd ask about snow but I see you like in TX. LOL
Old 05-21-2015, 04:10 AM
JK Newbie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=87&v=K-mSQDOBmh8
Old 05-21-2015, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trendsetter75
That Duratrac on the right is that the 17" Tire or 16" tire? Which tire do you like better Duratrac or KO. Which one is quieter on street? I'd ask about snow but I see you like in TX. LOL
We had lots of snow this year and the DT is ok in it although I never drove around on highway in it. On the street, especially the highway, hands down the KO2 has less noise. They handle better in the rain as well. Not by much but I really like the look of the DT better, but the noise reduction makes me like the KO2 better. Perfect DD tire.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DallasJKU
We had lots of snow this year and the DT is ok in it although I never drove around on highway in it. On the street, especially the highway, hands down the KO2 has less noise. They handle better in the rain as well. Not by much but I really like the look of the DT better, but the noise reduction makes me like the KO2 better. Perfect DD tire.
Good Info! Thanks.

Waiting for my DTs to wear down, then looking at 37" KO2s (and the upgrades to go with for the axles/gearing). I like the size result of the 37" even if it doesn't measure 37" it should work well with my lift and fenders.
My experience DT snow on highway was pretty good, during "snowpocalypse" last year had to drive back and forth to VA from NC a lot, and the ice and snow in VA this year.

Noise reduction and rain info on the KO2s sound nice.
The lifted wk2s in the family may be interested as they are running E rated DTs right now and hating the noise.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

I currently just bought GY Duratracs 315/75/16 which is 34.8 in height but now considering these K02 until my Duras wear out. I don't mud so these would be ideal for me. I also like how they are lighter oppose to the BFG MT or any other 37" Tire out there. I still have my Dana 30 but I will have to truss it and put a chromoly shaft in there. I was wondering would I need a steering assist or those K02 are not grippy enough suppose to the BFG Krawlers.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IndyFirefighter144
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I just purchased a 2007 JKU auto sport last month, this is my first JK so I'm definitely learning as I go. It is my DD and will be on road 90% of the time. Right now my jeep is bone stock, I'm going with a 2.5" teraflex coil lift and now I need to settle on a tire. I really like the ko2, but I'm not sure whether to go with a 37 since they run small. I dont want to buy a 35 and end up with a 33. Other than going with flat fenders, can I run the 37s with this setup?

Thanks in advance guys, I'm really excited to be part of the jk family now!
You'll need to trim the pinch seam as well
Old 06-12-2015, 08:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trendsetter75
I currently just bought GY Duratracs 315/75/16 which is 34.8 in height but now considering these K02 until my Duras wear out. I don't mud so these would be ideal for me. I also like how they are lighter oppose to the BFG MT or any other 37" Tire out there. I still have my Dana 30 but I will have to truss it and put a chromoly shaft in there. I was wondering would I need a steering assist or those K02 are not grippy enough suppose to the BFG Krawlers.
I'm not running steering assist on mine and have no need for it. I do think my MC adj TB makes a difference though.

Quick Reply: 37" BFG KO2 Installed