Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

AEV GEN 2 Snorkel Installed

Old 11-19-2012, 12:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV GEN 2 Snorkel Installed

So i Finally got The New AEV snorkel for my 2012 JK. My buddy Mike Gardner (who was Banned) that works For Adam's Jeep of Aberdeen in Maryland is an authorized dealer of AEV products. Mike fortunately was visiting AEV the day the snorkel was released and was able to get it and drive it back to Maryland. I'm guessing that I am now the first consumer in the world to have this. Thanks to Mike Gardner, Adams Jeep of Aberdeen, Adams Off Road Extreme, and AEV for Making this happen. Enjoy!

Old 11-19-2012, 12:33 PM
JK Junkie

Hellz ya. That is sweet looking.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

What are the differences compared to the fist gen?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-19-2012, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

What's different than the Gen 1? Just the air ram?
Old 11-19-2012, 12:37 PM
PGT
JK Enthusiast

nice! Jkashat picked his up last week at AEV the day after they announced it was out.

edit - gen two has a MUCH larger diameter and has a better pre-filter (now optional...shown in dozicon's pics).
Old 11-19-2012, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks tight. I was just talking to him on Saturday about bumpers.

Did you do the install yourself?
Old 11-19-2012, 12:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure I'm digging the prefilter look......

Looks like all you are missing is the cape.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, after 3 months of waiting on Quadratec's list, I got mine today too! Only problem is that it was a 2007-2011 part. I called AEV to ask their customer service why the snorkel doesn't fit my air box. After giving them the part number off the box, they told me I got an old kit. I call Quadratec and they told me they have in their system that I got the new part. After going back and forth with the guy on the phone he puts me on hold only to come back on and tell me that I was the first to call about this and I unraveled a huge problem as their warehouse sent over 40 snorkels out with the wrong part number. I bet there are a few other members on this forum that got an old kit like I did.

Purchased back in August, wait 3 months, get home today like a kid in a toy store, tear my Jeep apart, and find out they sent the wrong one. Murphy's law strikes again with Quadratec. First it was my AEV hood painted to match, yet the paint didn't match and hood was damaged. Now this. Supposedly the VP of sales is taking care of thiss as it's going to blow back in their face for the screw up. I am told I will get a new one overnited. By the way, the snorkel looks good! I went with the Ram Air one as I don't do a hell of a lot of dusty road driving here in the snow belt.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:34 PM
JK Junkie

Nice snorkel. I was on the Quadratec waiting list but decided to get the ARB one when it is released.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great! Can't wait for mine :-)

Quick Reply: AEV GEN 2 Snorkel Installed