Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Aluminum-bodied Jeep build...... for my son.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty cool! Best thing is as he grows up you can continue to modify it where he can peddle/drive and steer himself... haha
Old 08-31-2014, 07:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKosmos
I had planned on a steering wheel for him if I can find a good one. Still debating a windshield and a folding soft top. It will be Cosmos Blue just like ours. (well, as close as I can get) I am also going to have beadlock rings cut for the wheels and put 'lug bolts' in them. They will be plasticoated black. The details I could do are endless.

I've also got planned, in my head, other versions and models of Jeep and Willys. I just need to justify building more of them. Everyone says I should build and sell them.

Oh, and I have little Maryland plates and the letters already. Found them at Wally World, they're made for bikes and Power Wheels cars.
excellent. A windshield frame would certainly look nice on it, as well as a soft sun shade. as for the wheel, how about a power wheels type one? that way it is the right scale, and can be readily had.

I could see a market for these wagons to parents who love the wranglers wanting something awesome of their younglings.

as for the paint, since it an aluminum wagon why not prime it and use the exact paint thats on yours? you can rent the paint spray gun and painting is not too hard to pick up on, if you have ever used a rattle can you will love the spray gun, just clean the metal down really well with rubbing alc or paint thinner, let it dry good, shoot on the primer till you have excellent coverage, probably a few coats, wet sand it nice and smooth. allow it to dry per instructions fully. then the paint the same deal, then when the paint is dry and wet sanded to perfection hit it with clear coat and a wax job

if you want the wagon to be tough as hell, you could also just prep the aluminum and shoot it with tinted bed liner, I bet that wagon would be done with a single gallon that stuff will last too, you would have to crash the wagon hard enough to tear the metal to take it off.

Quick Reply: Aluminum-bodied Jeep build...... for my son.