Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

BlackWidowJK One Ton Build

Old 06-03-2015, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BlackWidowJK One Ton Build

After years of saying "One day I'll get one ton axles for my JK" i finally made the push.

Axles:

Front - Ford Dana 60 Kingpin
Artec Truss
Artec Hydro Mount
Artec Upper Link Mounts
Artec Lower Link Mounts
Artec steering arms
Artec coilover mounts
Reid Kingpin Bushings

Rear- 14bolt
Artec Full Truss
Artec Spine
Artec Pinion Guard
Artec Lower link mounts
Artec upper 3 link mount
Artec coilover mounts
Artec JK Trackbar bracket
4ws Shaved Diff Cover

Suspension:
Front-
14" Coilovers w/ Reservoirs
Single Triangulation Setup
Artec Heavy Duty Cross member
Artec Link Mounts

Rear-
14" coilovers w/ reservoirs
Artec Link Mounts
3 Link Upper Long Arm

Wheels: Unknown

Steering: PSC 2.5 Full Hydro

Powertrain: 6.2L LS3 w/ 6l80 + Atlas II (I sold my LS3 and 6l80)

Seats: Twisted Stitch Custom Seats

Will add to this list as it grows.

Last edited by ludski; 02-19-2016 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im confused on the rk upper 3 link long arm yet the statement saying double triangulated?

Edit: just read the update. But why single tri front and 3 link rear? Easier to do single front with full hydro as you have but you lose street drivability legally i believe.

Last edited by Maertz; 06-03-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:40 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome can't wait to follow along as you build it up! Have pretty close to the same setup with regards to axles!
Old 06-03-2015, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maertz
Im confused on the rk upper 3 link long arm yet the statement saying double triangulated? Edit: just read the update. But why single tri front and 3 link rear? Easier to do single front with full hydro as you have but you lose street drivability legally i believe.
There are actually no laws that specify anything towards full hydro being illegal. Tennessee states that nothing with steering can be changed, but that is the only state that could really get you.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm also confused... So 3 link rear and 4 link front with triangulated uppers?
Old 06-03-2015, 11:54 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Ringer

There are actually no laws that specify anything towards full hydro being illegal. Tennessee states that nothing with steering can be changed, but that is the only state that could really get you.
Interesting i always heard it was a dot thing bit never really looked. I know in Nm i saw alot of full hydro driven down the road but you could do damn near anything there...
Old 06-03-2015, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

sorry, typo from copy and pasting.

was originally going to run double tri in the rear. then decided to just do single with the uppers. but, as i started to order parts, ran out of money! so decided, not to run a true single tri rear upper right away that way i dont have to do a new fuel cell right away. and when/if i decide to do it in the future, i can just wishbone triangulate as it will still allow use of the 3 link axle mount.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:22 PM
JK Jedi

Props for trying, but damn a 3 link wishbone maybe a nightmare to tune... Think pinion dive, rear steer, harder to control roll axis and anti squat. In the end still left with one link holding it all together seeing even more force with no trackbar. Wishbone also see a ton more side load. It needs to be very stout.

With all that being said it still could be possible to get decent geometry and such and if you do touche as i dont think ive seen a jk set up that way yet personally. Good luck on the build.

Last edited by Maertz; 06-03-2015 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:07 PM
JK Newbie

Props for trying, but damn a 3 link wishbone maybe a nightmare to tune... Think pinion dive, rear steer, harder to control roll axis and anti squat. In the end still left with one link holding it all together seeing even more force with no trackbar. Wishbone also see a ton more side load. It needs to be very stout.

With all that being said it still could be possible to get decent geometry and such and if you do touche as i dont think ive seen a jk set up that way yet personally. Good luck on the build.
yea im hoping with the steep enough "triangulation" should greatly affect any side load.

with a 3 link, im expecting some rear steer. i just feel that happens with most set ups running high travel, as theres always a little rear steer.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:03 PM
JK Junkie

Interesting i always heard it was a dot thing bit never really looked. I know in Nm i saw alot of full hydro driven down the road but you could do damn near anything there...
A few states have laws saying the steering must retain factory characteristics, but that's about it other than TN.

That said, cause an accident and injure someone and sh## will hit the fan. If you're lucky, your insurance won't walk away. However, they won't be around when the additional civil charges come in.

Not saying hydro can't be street driven, but there are people who do it right and build in a redundant system. Pretty sure the Beast Build has a good example of street driven full hydro done right.

In addition, a quality system makes all the difference for street driving. The catch with the JK is you need to pull most of the electrical or it will freak out. The steering wheel will be everywhere but straight, haha.

Quick Reply: BlackWidowJK One Ton Build