Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 03-14-2015, 07:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Saharaunlmtd
My evap is much less naked on my 15 then it was on my 07. Is the factory skid not strong enough for overland type travel?
I've heard conflicting statements on the strength of the stock skid, however I have an '08 so there isn't a skid. If the stock Evap skid is anything like the other stock skids I would think it'd be fine. It may be the rock crawler type that say the skid isn't tough enough but maybe someone with more experience will chime in.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

I literally just came in from installing a poison Spyder Evap skid. Once I figured out how to disconnect the clips on the canister it was super easy. I took some bad photos and will be posting them in PS's Evap skid thread tonight. My 2015 JKUR Evap skid i cut with tin snips it is so thin, then bent things out of the way so I could remove the canister to see how to release those connections. I really wouldn't expect much from the stock skid in protection if u hit it with a rock. IMO I don't think it is that likely to hit, but I prefer to protect so I don't have issues on the trail.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Its getting there. This year roof top tent goes on . Along with two 5 gal gas cans & a Metalcloak 3.5in lift.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	601336   Click image for larger version

Name:	e3ceaf37-87cb-4f03-aad1-adff2acd6dcb.png
Views:	848
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	601337  
Old 03-16-2015, 12:44 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Looks like I'll be picking up a D44 Rubi axle housing. Just the housing, so there will be quite a bit of added cost to sleeve, add 4.88 gears, add locker, add Chromolly axle shafts--All things that are currently on my D30 axle that won't transfer to the D44. There won't be any labor costs--the fellow who's wife owns the white JK can help me to do everything. But, I'm not in any hurry. If anyone out there would be interested in a gusseted D30 housing with Auburt Ected locker, Superior 4.88 gears, Chromolly shafts and Riddler cover, PM me and I'll let you know when I list it for sale. But, I'm talking toward the end of the year. Currently a couple big trips and converting my daughter's old bedroom to a guest room are consuming most of my spare cash. Oh, and Canon, which keeps coming out with awesome new lenses like the 11-24 L that this image was shot with, LOL.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 03-16-2015 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Looks like I'll be picking up a D44 Rubi axle housing. Just the housing, so there will be quite a bit of added cost to sleeve, add 4.88 gears, add locker, add Chromolly axle shafts--All things that are currently on my D30 axle that won't transfer to the D44. There won't be any labor costs--the fellow who's wife owns the white JK can help me to do everything. But, I'm not in any hurry. If anyone out there would be interested in a gusseted D30 housing with Auburt Ected locker, Superior 4.88 gears, Chromolly shafts and Riddler cover, PM me and I'll let you know when I list it for sale. But, I'm talking toward the end of the year. Currently a couple big trips and converting my daughter's old bedroom to a guest room are consuming most of my spare cash. Oh, and Canon, which keeps coming out with awesome new lenses like the 11-24 L that this image was shot with, LOL.
Mark, what is your opinion on the Auburn?

The few posts on it I read were not very good, but then I read they redesigned them. I like the idea of a LSD with the option to lock.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:35 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by espi

Mark, what is your opinion on the Auburn?

The few posts on it I read were not very good, but then I read they redesigned them. I like the idea of a LSD with the option to lock.
It has worked for me. But I guess they do wear out. This one has about 120K miles, so whenever I do sell I will let the buyer know that and we'll adjust the price appropriately. They are rebuildable at the factory, but I think I'll go with an Eaton next time. Long story, but that's what I was supposed to have on both axles in the first place.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It has worked for me. But I guess they do wear out. This one has about 120K miles, so whenever I do sell I will let the buyer know that and we'll adjust the price appropriately. They are rebuildable at the factory, but I think I'll go with an Eaton next time. Long story, but that's what I was supposed to have on both axles in the first place.
Thanks for the update. I thought Auburn has the D-Rex (Differential-Replacement Exchange Program) where you can get it exchanged with a new one within 4 years? Just a thought If you're in that time frame and have someone that can do the work, you could sell it with a new one installed.

D-Rex Program | Auburn Gear Aftermarket
Old 03-16-2015, 06:06 AM
JK Freak

What's the reasoning you're going with the D44? Is James getting a new front axle for that one?
Old 03-16-2015, 06:35 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by toxicity_27

What's the reasoning you're going with the D44? Is James getting a new front axle for that one?
Yes. Mostly because it's available and will be relatively cheap. Performance wise, my built D30 has met my needs.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

New addition. AT stage 1 and combo slide...........I love it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1649.jpg
Views:	1639
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	601528Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1650.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	601529Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1651.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	601530Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1652.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	601531Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1653.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	601532

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!