Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 05-17-2016, 08:57 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
I think I'm going to put those on my truck lites too. I don't trust the massive rocks that get fired back at you from logging trucks. Plus it will slow down wear on the lenses too! good find mark!
Ray, from my videos, gets credit for the find. He did a lot of searching to find those. Too bad his Xprite grill with inserts didn't work out as well: Causes his Jeep to run 20-30° hotter engine coolant temp.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just officially joined yesterday, but i've been lurking around here since we got satellite internet; this is by far my favorite thread.

Here's some pics of my 08 JK thus far. It's my workhorse as I live offgrid right off the Lolo Motorway in ID. There's no plows up here, pavement stops a few miles down the road, so I've been building it up not only to explore the vast terrain between my door and MT, but I have to keep the road open during winter, at least to my cabin. We get a LOT of folks who come for to enjoy the forest that get stuck so the recovery equipment gets HEAVILY used, and self-rescue is a necessity as there's no cell service and HAM/CB is a bit spotty.

The cabin/homestead isn't quite finished, but we're finally to a point we can take off for multi-day trips, so this thread has been invaluable for providing ideas.

The rear racks are invaluable. I still have my fishing cooler on back as we're finishing up rainbow season, and I always stop at the spring for our drinking water, but there's several filtration methods onboard. Gas cans are always full, but get rotated often as we still have to run the genny to top up our battery banks on rainy days. The tools on the carrier are a Pulaski, McCloud, Hi-lift and shovel, and there's a duffle with wildland gear. Living with a ret. Fire Capt. and the firestorm that came through our area last year dictated the changeout from an ax. While we're on the VFD, we're the limit of the area and can respond and/or patrol before the Forestry service can get to this area.

Being an old Ultralight backpacker, I keep it simple with a tarp and bags for camping; winter camping is based around snowcaves. The inside of the rig is loaded out fulltime to survive at least a week in the woods if we got stuck or decided to extend a trip; the items are changed with the seasons. Chainsaw and 2 sets of HD chains reside year round.

I built a small "solar generator" in lieu of a 2nd battery and keep a 20w panel on board, mostly for a small 12v shower head.

I really love the ideas and adventures folks are posting, and am already making a wishlist of a few items. Actual sliders and front skid protection are at the top.

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed to this inspiring post!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20160517_082257.JPG
Views:	352
Size:	680.9 KB
ID:	647375   Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20160517_082039.JPG
Views:	392
Size:	809.2 KB
ID:	647376   Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20160517_082226.JPG
Views:	338
Size:	734.9 KB
ID:	647377  

Last edited by Britz; 05-17-2016 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:51 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Welcome out of the shadows, Britz!
Old 05-20-2016, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Your overhead mount

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Working on a ham radio install. Yaesu FT-857d. DC to daylight rig. Long time since my prior ham license (half a century); I have a lot to learn about this rig.

Attachment 647134
Which overhead mount is that? It's very nice.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:06 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by KBennett2007

Which overhead mount is that? It's very nice.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/jk-jeep-molle-...-/291409020400

He makes a lot of other ones for different areas of Jeep. Excellent quality, but instructions for installing were made for later years (after move of windshield footman loop). Had to figure out for myself, but it came out nice once I did. Before anyone starts drilling, if your install doesn't look perfectly centered, you may need only one new hole instead of three. Can use existing hardware for other two holes.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 05-20-2016 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Britz - I'm somewhat familiar with your area, as a visitor. Have camped and fly-fished the area several times. You live in an incredible and remote chunk of country!

Thanks for the description of your rig, and how you've set it up for your purposes.

I hope to revisit that area again this summer, or possibly in the fall. It's quite a place.

Regards, CW
Old 05-22-2016, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cascade Wanderer
Britz - I'm somewhat familiar with your area, as a visitor. Have camped and fly-fished the area several times. You live in an incredible and remote chunk of country!

Thanks for the description of your rig, and how you've set it up for your purposes.

I hope to revisit that area again this summer, or possibly in the fall. It's quite a place.

Regards, CW

Thank you for the lovely compliment, we feel pretty lucky to be here, and now with satellite internet, I can work on a few Architecture projects to feed the Jeep addiction!

Some select areas have changed after the bad fires last year, especially if you come up via Kamiah, and they are logging fast to prevent disease, but it's what had to be done. Still a great place and I hope you make it down to enjoy it. The spring rainbow season was FANTASTIC this year before the heat wave, we smoked a ton of fish.

Regards-

Britz

P.S. @ Mark Doiron, thank you for the warm welcome as well!
Old 05-22-2016, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry i haven't posted much, but, made the stock rear bumper into a water reservoir last night, 7-8 gallons just out of the way!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3752250077.png
Views:	320
Size:	756.0 KB
ID:	647705  
Old 06-03-2016, 05:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KC LZRs

Anyone here running KC LZRs? KC very kindly just sent me a set to replace some titanium daylights that rusted.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:06 AM
JK Freak

[SUB][/SUB]
Originally Posted by iamsamrogers
Sorry i haven't posted much, but, made the stock rear bumper into a water reservoir last night, 7-8 gallons just out of the way!
Seems like that is a very vulnerable location for the spout.

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!