Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jk Haters

Old 05-01-2015, 08:11 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jk Haters

Dudes hate the JK

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-...-kindness.html
Old 05-01-2015, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure if the OP on Pirate is you or not but their first mistake was going on Pirate4x4 expecting love for the JK. You've gotta have some thick skin to hangout over there. They are known for a more hands on approach to building off road vehicles and it would appear they look at the JK as a bought not built kind of thing and don't show any respect for the OTS or bolt on way of thinking. I'm sure they thought that way about the TJ until the JK came out.

Check out their vehicle for sale forum. Lots of badass rigs over there. And there are some JKs over there but they are usually pretty well built.

Last edited by Stubicon; 05-01-2015 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That pirate post was made to stir the pot, nothing else.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hahahha...those boys play rough.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:10 AM
JK Junkie

What really pissed me of is I've spend a little time just reading stuff there and I'll tell u what. There is a hand full of guy there just like here that actually build there stuff. The rest of the ppl just buy there used vehicles or buy someone's ultra 4 buggy and say it's built not bought. Wrong, you BUYING someone's built buggy or jeep is not you building it. That would classify the same as a jk "buying/ his stuff. Everyone starts somewhere and when these guys started they bought bolt on kits too
Old 05-01-2015, 09:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced
What really pissed me of is I've spend a little time just reading stuff there and I'll tell u what. There is a hand full of guy there just like here that actually build there stuff. The rest of the ppl just buy there used vehicles or buy someone's ultra 4 buggy and say it's built not bought. Wrong, you BUYING someone's built buggy or jeep is not you building it. That would classify the same as a jk "buying/ his stuff. Everyone starts somewhere and when these guys started they bought bolt on kits too
Right that's like the wayalife guys with evo everything and engine swaps claiming they are built and not bought but dropped their stuff off at EVO and then picked it up a couple weeks later. Lol
Old 05-01-2015, 09:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I readily admit my Jeep is a catalog build. I don't weld, what can I say. The only things designed/built by me are circuits...lol

At least I installed all the parts myself which makes me feel a little bit better about it. Not that that is a requirement either. Some people just don't have the time or the interest or the skills or the confidence or whatever reason. None of my business really. Just because someone doesn't build their own parts doesn't mean they can't put together a very capable Jeep by buying parts that are already welded. But it is limited as to what it can do since the bolt on kits only achieve so much. It's the guys that want more capability that really have no choice but to build there own parts. And then there are the guys that build their parts to save money or test their skills and they can absolutely say the built it IMO if they chose to, as well as anybody for that matter.

But I don't consider that I built my Jeep...more like built it up. To me, there is a difference.

Last edited by 14Sport; 05-01-2015 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:29 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Muscles
Let me offer you similar advice to what I tell folks when discussing camera gear and they start expounding on the better MTF numbers for this or that particular lens: Go out and use your gear. The best revenge you can have is to have a good time doing what you enjoy with what you have while others sit at their computers pontificating about this or that particular piece of hardware, and why their choices are better.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Except for springs and wheels, I can build every thing that I have put on my JK. The problem is, I also know that it is cheaper for me to buy it, and then I have some recourse with my wife if something goes wrong.
I can also build everything that I have on my Raptor, and the Pirate guys love Raptors. As for me, I could give a flying rip what they think. They are just like squid bikers that want to be tough guys, but the guys that know understand that they are really a joke, and only 1% of them can actually do the stuff that they all pretend to do.
It's kind of like watching a video of Jeeps doing the Hot Tub at Moab. All are store built jeeps, that I have seen on the videos. Yet, EVERYONE pretends like they built their jeep from the ground up that does it.
The worst kind of poser, in my opinion.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't have the time to build. I don't have the facilities to do it.
Even if I had the time and facilities, I wouldn't build.
A shop installed what had to be installed.
I drive the Jeep and offroad with it.
Is the Jeep less capable because of that?
Are the trails less challenging, or is the scenery less beautiful?
Is the beer not cold enough?
Am I enjoying the Jeep, on or off road, any less?
No.
Should I be -- or am I -- ashamed because a pro installed the lift or bumpers, for instance?
No.

Driving a capable Jeep, and making a Jeep capable all by yourself, are two different areas of interest.
My interest is in the driving.

Last edited by GJeep; 05-01-2015 at 11:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Jk Haters