Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Mods gone wild...

Old 10-28-2014, 04:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Mods gone wild...

Do you guys think there ever comes a point when a jeep is over-modded or over done that it looks cluttered, tacky, or just plain bad? Just curious because you see here I got this rather uncontrollable addiction to constantly want to buy new stuff for my jeep. In fact I have an XHD Snorkel that I just bought which is waiting to get installed shortly. I would like your guys opinions though... Does my jeep look good the way I have it done up (expedition style) or is it over the top? Is there anything you would add or remove? If not, what would you consider going overboard? Got any pics of wild, crazy and over the top jeeps?

Old 10-28-2014, 04:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Looks good, man!

I definitely think for my tastes there is a point of going overboard, but you are a long way from it.
On the other hand everybody has their own style, and their own preferences, and the Jeep lends itself well to customization.

Happy Jeeping!
Old 10-28-2014, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The hood-rack cables might be a bit much....unless you're preparing to add the "mast and sail" mod!
Old 10-28-2014, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sa_Seahawker
The hood-rack cables might be a bit much....unless you're preparing to add the "mast and sail" mod!
The limb risers will probably be coming off anyways because they will most likely interfere with the high mount of the snorkel that is soon to be installed. Thanks for the critique.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

I like its s it sits now.... Not a huge fan of the snorkel look though so once it's added it will kill it for me.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tjkamp
Looks good, man!

I definitely think for my tastes there is a point of going overboard, but you are a long way from it.
On the other hand everybody has their own style, and their own preferences, and the Jeep lends itself well to customization.

Happy Jeeping!
Thanks, and I agree!

Last edited by Runewolf1973; 10-28-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

I think it looks awesome. Except for the mud flaps (but those may have to be on there) and I leave my shovel at home unless I'm on the trail because my first one was stolen.
But like another said, I think you are a long ways from being over-the-top.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TreyJK
I think it looks awesome. Except for the mud flaps (but those may have to be on there) and I leave my shovel at home unless I'm on the trail because my first one was stolen.
But like another said, I think you are a long ways from being over-the-top.
I never got a ticket for not having mudflaps and I know they don't look the greatest on jeeps, but I put put them on there more for the safety of others on the road, not for my own benefit. They could look worse I think, lol. I've never had anything stolen off my jeep. If someone really wants to steal my shovel that bad though, then they probably need it more than I do.

Last edited by Runewolf1973; 10-28-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Eyebedam
I like its s it sits now.... Not a huge fan of the snorkel look though so once it's added it will kill it for me.
I just might stick with the low mount snorkel anyways. My girlfriend is not fond of the high mount, but she thinks the low mount looks good. She also thinks the limbrisers give it a tougher appearance and says I should keep em. This is why I went with the XHD because it is modular. I did a photoshop the other day to see which I liked better. Still not sure...

Or...

Last edited by Runewolf1973; 10-28-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973
I just might stick with the low mount snorkel anyways. My girlfriend is not fond of the high mount, but she thinks the low mount looks good. She also thinks the limbrisers give it a tougher appearance and says I should keep em. This is why I went with the XHD because it is modular. I did a photoshop the other day to see which I liked better. Still not sure... Or...
Looks good either way. That's the good thing about the XHD. Keep it low till your out where water is.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Mods gone wild...