Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My First JK Build.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone, New to Wranglers and new to this forum. My last vehicle was an 02 WJ with. Few minor budget mods like a 2" BB, brushguard, and a few other things. Nothing crazy.

It started having a lot of issues so I decided it was time for another vehicle. Was planning on another WJ, but have always wanted a wrangler.
I picked up my new to me 07 JK Sahara about a week ago and I absolutely love it. It's got about 98800 miles on itand it's pretty close to mint. I got it for a steal couldn't say no! It already has an AEM Brute Force cold air intake on it and a Banks Monster cat back exhaust system, sounds soo nice, not to loud and no drone but sounds like it's got power when I get on it. The underbody is really clean and hardly anyvrust which is a big car killer here in Cleveland OH. It does have a few minor flaws too but nothing major to worry about. Things like one of the rubbers on the hood missing for the windshield rest, scrape on the passenger front fender, chip in the windshield so small I didn't even notice til I was driving home with it, cracked rear tail light (no white shines thru) the power window button for the drivers side sticks when rolling the window down, and the soft top above the drivers door is messed up (don't know what that plastic piece that tucks into the door frame above the doors called, but no leaks) Anyways, I've been reading through this forum a lot to learn all I can, since I don't know anything about the JK, and I know how helpful you guys can be. (had a few build threads for the WJ on a few other forums) So just a few questions to the guys more experienced, anything i should watch out for? any companies to avoid? I've never done any real wheeling just little service roads and mud holes in the WJ, so with this being stick I'm a little nervous as this is my first stick any pointers on wheeling with a stick? And any suggestions on a good color that goes with my red rock crystal pearl? It's not really a red but like a reddish brown, I like bright colors, something that stands out.

Last edited by Shoupadupe; 07-30-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is my build sheet, I had to copy paste it since I'm using my phone. Few questions here as well, what are the customer packages 2TG and 23G?

Vehicle Description 2007 JEEP WRANGLER SAHARA 4X4 SPORT UTILITY 2-DOOR

STANDARD EQUIPMENT
Monotone Paint
160 Amp Alternator
600 Amp Maintenance Free Battery
Electronic Stability Control
4-Wheel Disc Brakes
Low Back Bucket Seats
Easy Access Passenger Seat
Reclining Front Seats
Rear Folding Seat
Advanced Multistage Front Air Bags**
RR Head Restraints Outboard Seating
Front Seat Area Carpet
Sport Bar w/Full Padding
Full Length Floor Console
Rear Compartment Covered Storage
Command-Trac Shift-on-the-Fly 4WD
Next Gen. Dana 30 Solid Front Axle
3.21 Rear Axle Ratio
Next Gen. Dana 44 HD Rear Axle
Conventional Differential Frt Axle
Tinted Windshield Glass
Front Door Tinted Glass
Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
Full Metal Doors w/Roll-up Windows
Rear View Day/Night Mirror
Driver Side Sun Visor
Passenger Side Sun Visor
Swing-Away Mirrors
Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System
Air Conditioning
Hood Insulation
Premium Instrument Cluster w/Tach
100 MPH Primary Speedometer
Temperature & Compass Gauge
Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers
Single Low Note Horn
12V Auxiliary Power Outlet
Glove Box
RADIANT SILVER WRANGLER BADGE
RED ROCK CRYSTAL FENDER FLARES
Halogen Headlamps
Fog Lamps
CHMSL Lamp
Black Front Bumper
Black Rear Bumper
Black Front Frame Overlay
Body Color Grille
Tubular Side Steps
Trail Rated Badge
Jeep Badge
Sahara Badge
18.6 Gallon Fuel Tank
Red Rock Crystal Pearl Coat
Alpine 9-Spkr w/All WeatherSubwoofer
Fixed Long Mast Antenna
Uconnect 130 AM/FM/CD/MP3
Power Steering
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
Heavy Duty Suspension w/Gas Shocks
Front Stabilizer Bar
Rear Stabilizer Bar
Tilt Steering Column
Full Size Spare Tire
Outside Tire Carrier
Occupant Classification System
Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield
Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
2 Front & 1 Rear Tow Hooks
Tethered Fuel Filler Cap
Non Locking Fuel Filler Cap
Protective Coating and Remover
Instrument Panel Parts Module
Front End Parts Module
Complete Chassis Parts Module
Tire & Wheel Parts Module
Complete Body in White Parts Module
Complete Painted Body Module
Build To U.S. Mkt. Specifications
GVW Rating
U.S. Dealer Retail
Zone 35-Washington
JK/5402 Vehicle Family
Four Wheel Drive (4WD)/(4X4)
Left Hand Drive (LHD)
Two Door
Short Wheel Base (SWB)
Vehicle Order Tracking
U.S. Specifications Label
Maryland Ship to State Code
Maryland Sold to State Code

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT

Prem Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats
Dark Khaki/Medium Khaki
Power Convenience Group
Traction Control
Electronic Roll Mitigation
Hydraulic Assist Brake Booster
Driver Height Adjuster Seat
Rear Seat/Wheelhouse/Cargo Carpet
Front Floor Mats
Spare Tire Cover
All Manual Transmissions
6-Speed Manual NSG370 Transmission
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
3.8L V6 SMPI Engine
Remote Keyless Entry
Power Locks
Pwr Windows, Front 1-Touch Down
Security Alarm
Federal Emissions
Speed Control
Red Rock Crystal Pearl Coat
P255/70R18 OWL On/Off Road Tires
Bridgestone Brand Tires
Dark Khaki Soft Top
Matching Spare Wheel
All Aluminum Wheels
18X7.5 Aluminum Wheels
Stain Repel Seat Fabric
5 Additional Gallons of Gas
Spring - Left Front
Spring - Left Rear
Spring - Right Front
Spring - Right Rear
FAM:JK TRACKING: 60802J21AA MY:2007
FAM:JK TRACKING: 60802J21AB MY:2007
40930-101 Mga 0AJ
FAM: JK TRACKING: 70201T14 MY:2007
Customer Preferred Package 2TG
Customer Preferred Package 23G
Paint Order Code
Old 08-07-2014, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

So I finally decided what direction I wanted to take the jeep, now while I save up for parts I started with the cheapest thing I could do... A little paint. I'm going to go with an iron man type of theme, like the jeep was built by Stark Industries, haven't really had much time but I put a little gold on the front to see how the colors went together. I like it and I think this will be a fun project.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Played on a few dirt hills yesterday.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well moneys been pretty tight, but I was on craigslist and scored a Bestop trektop nx unopened brand new in the box for 340 bucks on Sunday. Took me about 45 min to install all by myself with the YouTube video. I really like it. Love the way the top gives that hatchback look. It fit pretty snug but i like that, I like the sunrider feature and how much more visibility I gained through the rear. There are a few minor issues, the top leaked in 2 spots when going through the carwash to test it. In the front by the drivers a-pillar and the back corner. The back corner was the carwashs issue. The angle the water was sprayed was why it leaked, the a-pillar leak might be my door seal, because everything seems to fit snug and seal. Also the side windows where they attach to the door surrounds don't seem to fit properly.

you can see in the last 2 pics what I mean about it not fitting properly, at the top it doesn't fold over and in the way the rest of it does.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yesterday I found half a can of plasti-dip in my old jeep. Figured odder how I liked the rims black so I took the spare off and plasti-dipped it. I like it a lot but I'm torn if I should paint the centercaps or not here's a pic of both

Any opinions?
Old 10-30-2014, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Been awhile since I've posted in my build thread. I painted all rims with plasti-dip. They all came out beautiful. Surprised at how clean under the jeep is. Since this is Ohio and it's an 07. Also installed a rugged ridge fuel door. Looks good at a distance but it's not like the mopar one I want. This one fits over the bezel instead of replacing it.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lookin good man. Love red rock.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lonesometree
Lookin good man. Love red rock.
Thanks. I haven't done much more to it since. I added a blue stripe across the rear window in support of the law enforcement officers. I've noticed a few things about the jeep since I've had it a few months now. The red light above the temp gauge which is the skis light randomly comes on and blinks erratic randomly while I'm driving it. And when it's cold it's so hard to get into second, and grinds when forced. First gear pops out violently sometimes, scaring the piss out of any passenger in my jeep. So these are some minor issues I'll have checked once it's not 5 degrees out haha. I got a gift card for 4 wheel parts for Christmas and just haven't decided what I want to do next. I want a lift and bumpers. But those are pricy and out of budget even with the gift card. Might go cb radio, and maybe those nice grab handles I saw on someone's jeep on this forum. The ones that bolt on by the windshield and by the sound bar.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I was going to take on a little painting project, but it was too windy and cold yesterday, I instead tinted my taillights, side markers and turn signals. I got a pair of Euro style taillight guards off craigslist and side marker guards off of a member from another forum. Painted those gold to keep the iron man theme and put those on too. As soon as it warms up I have a paint project I will be doing. Pretty stoked. Also came out to go to work this morning and there are BB holes in my drivers side window. Some punks decided my jeep would be a great target. So now I have holes in my new trektop nx windows. Don't have a pic of the holes since I discovered those this morning on my way to work.

Quick Reply: My First JK Build.