Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rigid Industries "Radiance" light bar....

Old 02-07-2016, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good morning everyone, I'm thinking of buying a 50" light bar and I discovered lately the new Rigid "Radiance" light bar with back lights (white, red, orange, green or blue). Does anyone bought one of those? Any good or bad about them? Any comments?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2929961930.jpg
Views:	963
Size:	269.4 KB
ID:	636905  
Old 02-07-2016, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rigid makes some of the best LED offroad lighting in the industry. I've had some a couple years and they still look new.

In terms of the radiance series, it appears to be a standard light back with a secondary backlights glow type of effect that operated separately. Someone like a halo headlamp. I guess it just depends on if you want that function.

Here is a video from SEMA on them. http://youtu.be/S-yiUFWLqsg

Last edited by arjeeper; 02-07-2016 at 09:09 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by arjeeper
Rigid makes some of the best LED offroad lighting in the industry. I've had some a couple years and they still look new. In terms of the radiance series, it appears to be a standard light back with a secondary backlights glow type of effect that operated separately. Someone like a halo headlamp. I guess it just depends on if you want that function. Here is a video from SEMA on them. Video Link: http://youtu.be/S-yiUFWLqsg
I saw that video and I was hoping feed back from someone who bought one...
Old 02-07-2016, 12:20 PM
JK Freak

But still thank you for the reply
Old 02-07-2016, 12:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, no worries. They said it was the same core light performance as the E-Series, so you could probably look for more details on that. The backlighting is just an effect and wouldn't change core lighting performance, I wouldn't guess.

Like a nice paint job won't make your vehicle faster.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:31 PM
JK Freak

Thanks
Old 02-09-2016, 04:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

For LED there are Much better bars out there. Baja designs LED bars are miles ahead of rigid, and do not have the brodozer look with the green little spaz lights in them.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Kojack
For LED there are Much better bars out there. Baja designs LED bars are miles ahead of rigid, and do not have the brodozer look with the green little spaz lights in them.
Well, sure. But a quick comparison of 50" bars, for example, shows the most affordable Baja Designs 50" bar around $1200 and the Rigid Radiance 50" around $480.

And while the Baja has more lumens for less wattage than the Rigid too, unless you're actually planning to do a baja race with your Jeep, I don't think the value is there.

In terms of the backlighting option, that's really just preference since it's not a performance effect.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

I was thinking of one of these especially because of the $ and also that rigid make quality stuff. For Canadian, a 1200$ US light bar is about 1600$ Canadian. That's a lot of $ if you don't use it a lot. As for the back light, it's a bit tacky but no need to turn it on...
Old 02-09-2016, 06:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by arjeeper
Well, sure. But a quick comparison of 50" bars, for example, shows the most affordable Baja Designs 50" bar around $1200 and the Rigid Radiance 50" around $480.

And while the Baja has more lumens for less wattage than the Rigid too, unless you're actually planning to do a baja race with your Jeep, I don't think the value is there.

In terms of the backlighting option, that's really just preference since it's not a performance effect.
I will go the other way on that one then, why buy a 480 dollar rigid when a 150 dollar ebay bar will be just as good. You can buy 3 for the price of one rigid. And if the rigids are only 480. Where are they skimping compared to their normal lights? If they say they are not skimping anywhere, then their original stuff is way over priced. Think about it. They say their 900 dollar 50" bar is 900 for a reason. then release a 400 dollar 50" light. But the quality is suffering if their 900 dollar 50" bar is quality.

150 dollar light bar buy a case of beer install and light the way.

Last edited by Kojack; 02-09-2016 at 06:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Rigid Industries "Radiance" light bar....