Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Teraflex 2.5 BB and 34" tires installed

Old 05-25-2007, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Teraflex 2.5 BB and 34" tires installed

Just finished installing Teraflex 2.5" BB and Goodyear Wrangler MTR 305/17/17 34" tires on ProComp 7189 17x9 Cast Blast rims. I'm extremely happy with how it came out and couldn't have done it without the awesome directions on this forum. Thanks wayoflife , I had never done any suspension work before and it only took me 4 hours to do myself and didn't have any problems. Where do i send the ? I do plan on installing a 3/4" spacer in front to level out but not until I install a front bumper and winch in a few months. Rubicon tires and rims now for sale. See for sale section of forum later tonight.

Here are some pics:

Old 05-25-2007, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks sharp.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

Verrry nice...compare to the same lift with 33" tires, just for effect to see how it compares:

Also, I have 3/4" spacers waiting on front bumper install to help level this one also...

glwood
Old 05-25-2007, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glwood, I thought about 33" tires but couldn't convince myself to spend the money for only an inch bigger than stock, but have to say your jeep looks great too. Now it time to go get em dirty this weekend. Enjoy!
Old 06-06-2007, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

well, to make it even harder for you to decide, here is one with 16x8 wheels and 33" tires

THis is RE kit (it's a 2" kit, but it's actually 2.5" spacer front and 1.75" rear, with monotube shocks)
Old 06-06-2007, 11:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mr. T
Man... you guys just can't make my life easy now, can you?

I've been battling myself for the past few weeks over whether or not to do 16 x 8's with 33's. NOW I have to figure out the possibility of those Goodyears. Have you had them offroad yet? If so, how'd they hold up?

AND, more importantly, given that i was when I got my X, and am currently rocking the "oh-so-massive" 3.21 ratio, would that be a big issue with 34's on 17 x 9? I know that if I went to 35's, I'd need a regear for sure. With the 33's, I think I should be fine. Where do you draw the line? Any input would be much appreciated.

LASTLY, did either of you get the BB kit WITH shocks? if so, how do they feel? if not, who did you use and how are they?

Both of your rides look friggin fantastic, by the way
Thanks...no help with the shocks here, I got the extensions and reused the factory shocks...ride did not change in the least.

glwood
Old 06-07-2007, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

tks ....yeah, it took me a while picking the lift too, but for wheels, it was an easy pick for me, since i only like certain style ..

The kit is more expensive, and i think it's because of the monotube shocks (they are bilstein shocks too ). As far as ride, it's a bit firmer on bumpy road, but that's to be expected from bilstein shocks. I like it though.

The only reason i go with RE instead of Tera is because of the leveling effect. Tera comes with 2.5" spacers both front and back, while RE comes with 2.5 front and 1.75 back, thus leveling your JK stand (from the factory rake)
Old 06-07-2007, 06:13 AM
JK Freak

looks sweeeeeeeeeeet! Love those wheels!!! two questions for ya

Whats the back spacing on the wheels?

And that fuel door that an option?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr. T
did you have the hardtop? i know that was the reason that a lot of folks had the rake issue. once the hardtop was off, less weight holding the rear down. I had a softee only, and looks "rake-free". seemed to be the case with folks that had the dual top or hardtop only...
THANKS!
No, mine is soft top only from the factory. The difference between the front and rear before lift is exactly 3/4". So, the RE kit leveled the stand nicely (since the spacer difference is also 3/4")
Old 06-07-2007, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

looks sharp....ill be painting my wheels blk someday i too mounted my Hi-Lift jack on the tow hooks for my road trip this past week...put 4300 miles on it in a week i had to make rubber spacers to get mine up enuff to clear the winch control box...bout 3 inches...not sure im gonna leave it there or mount it to the rear tire carrier some how but it sure did work for the trip

Last edited by Bamoman; 07-03-2007 at 08:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 BB and 34" tires installed